Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

COVID test required for transit passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID test required for transit passengers?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by TonyP91
Timatic says no Covid PCR Test is needed for transit but Sherpa says the opposite? Anyone, recently transit in Doha without a PCR Test?
You don't need a PCR test to transit. They got rid of the rule about PCR tests for transit if you came from a certain list of countries such as Brazil and India.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Timatic says no Covid PCR Test is needed for transit but Sherpa says the opposite? Anyone, recently transit in Doha without a PCR Test?
Sherpa has this tendency to incorrectly assume that a passenger will be entering the country of transit. It doesn't work well with transits where the passenger doesn't leave the airport.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: AA ExP, Globalist
Anyone, recently transit in Doha without a PCR Test?
I transited DOH last night. No test required - we hopped off the plane and into the airport without any additional processing or screening (our flight originated from the US).
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:33 am

Jef787 was your flight booked with Qatar directly or a partner like American Airlines? Your final destination did not require a PCR Test? And you were never asked for one?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:35 am

This was booked directly with QR.

My destination required a PCR test, and that was checked at my origin.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:07 pm

Thanks Jef. If anyone else has recently transited in Doha please let me know if they asked for a PCR Test? I keep seeing mixed information on the official sites. The first hand accounts from flyers is far more valuable information.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Thanks Jef. If anyone else has recently transited in Doha please let me know if they asked for a PCR Test? I keep seeing mixed information on the official sites. The first hand accounts from flyers is far more valuable information.
No official sites say a PCR test is required for transit through Doha.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:03 pm

A second data point, albeit the same traveler. This time I’m heading to a destination only requiring an antigen test.

Arrival in DOH was the typical experience of getting directed through the transit (security) screening, but again no temp or health or test screening.

Only upon immigration to Qatar would those happen (per the onboard announcements).
Old Aug 17, 2021, 6:43 am

Thanks Jef787. I'm traveling Friday ORD-DOH-TBS and TBS (Georgia) doesn't require anything except a vaccination card to enter the country. I have a 3 hour layover in Doha and I'm triple checking everything. I appreciate the posts. I'm gonna go for it without a PCR Test.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:21 am

Thanks Jef787. I'm traveling Friday ORD-DOH-TBS and TBS (Georgia) doesn't require anything except a vaccination card to enter the country. I have a 3 hour layover in Doha and I'm triple checking everything. I appreciate the posts. I'm gonna go for it without a PCR Test.
Let us know how it goes Tony. I’ll be traveling to Greece in a few weeks with the same requirements. Of course, test required for the return to the US.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:01 pm

Will do. I'll be sure to share my experience. Please anyone else post your experience transiting in Doha and if PCR Test was required for you. There is no information about this on Qatar Airways website
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aeroo777
Let us know how it goes Tony. I’ll be traveling to Greece in a few weeks with the same requirements. Of course, test required for the return to the US.
Sorry, this is slightly OT.

aeroo777,
Please report back.

To enter Greece, the PLF is needed.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Sorry, this is slightly OT.

aeroo777,
Please report back.

To enter Greece, the PLF is needed.
Will do! So excited to fly Qsuites.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:07 am

I can now confirm that anyone transiting in Doha to a country that doesn't require a covid test does not need a covid test. I just transited in Doha without ever taking a PCR Test
allset2travel and aeroo777 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I can now confirm that anyone transiting in Doha to a country that doesn't require a covid test does not need a covid test. I just transited in Doha without ever taking a PCR Test
Thanks for reporting back. Safe trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.