Qatar flying out of India?

Old Apr 6, 21, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Qatar flying out of India?

I am an Indian national in CCU with a confirmed flight reservation on April 27 CCU-DOH-SFO. Agents give me conflicting info on whether flights are operating. One has told me yes for existing travel; another no that they will cancel the day before if things donít change. Anyone have experience on whether flights are operating and current restrictions? I thought under air bubble this flight was allowed. However, if it will be canceled, I would like to change to a different airline. Thank you!
Old Apr 6, 21, 8:10 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Pricarr View Post
I am an Indian national in CCU with a confirmed flight reservation on April 27 CCU-DOH-SFO. Agents give me conflicting info on whether flights are operating. One has told me yes for existing travel; another no that they will cancel the day before if things don’t change. Anyone have experience on whether flights are operating and current restrictions? I thought under air bubble this flight was allowed. However, if it will be canceled, I would like to change to a different airline. Thank you!
CCU-DOH flights are currently operating 2 weekly. 1 just departed today (6th April).
DOH-SFO flights are also operating, 5 weekly.
Old Apr 6, 21, 8:14 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Pricarr View Post
I am an Indian national in CCU with a confirmed flight reservation on April 27 CCU-DOH-SFO. Agents give me conflicting info on whether flights are operating. One has told me yes for existing travel; another no that they will cancel the day before if things donít change. Anyone have experience on whether flights are operating and current restrictions? I thought under air bubble this flight was allowed. However, if it will be canceled, I would like to change to a different airline. Thank you!
I flew ex India couple of weeks back. Technically, QR is not allowed to carry pax from India to US or Europe under the Air Bubble agreement. In any case, if you have a ticket booked you shouldn't have any issue flying. Confirm with QR directly if your flights are on schedule.
Old Apr 6, 21, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jgp777 View Post
I flew ex India couple of weeks back. Technically, QR is not allowed to carry pax from India to US or Europe under the Air Bubble agreement. In any case, if you have a ticket booked you shouldn't have any issue flying. Confirm with QR directly if your flights are on schedule.
Did you fly to EU or US?

Confirming with QR doesn't really help because they have been cancelling the flights couple of days before the departure.
Old Apr 6, 21, 2:13 pm

I flew to EU. I checked with them couple of days before departure.
Old Apr 6, 21, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold
I'm curious how they let you fly to EU since the Civil Aviation website (https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/...nsport-bubbles) specifically says QR can connect only to South America or Africa for India originating passengers.
Old Apr 6, 21, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
The air transport bubbles regulation seems clear.
QR might keep your booking hoping for a change in regulations.
Given the exploding covid situation in India, I doubt that regulations will be relaxed by 27 April.
Try to speak directly with a QR airport/office agent in India. At the QR reservation call center, they might be located anywhere and not so well versed on India specific conditions.
Old Apr 7, 21, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, RC PLAT PREM
Does this apply only to Indian nationals? What about US citizens heading back home from India?
Old Apr 8, 21, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by pichalite View Post
I'm curious how they let you fly to EU since the Civil Aviation website (https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/...nsport-bubbles) specifically says QR can connect only to South America or Africa for India originating passengers.
Based on what I was told, as long as you have a ticket you can fly. There were quite a few pax transiting to US & EU.
Old Apr 8, 21, 8:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus | World of Hyatt | Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Jgp777 View Post
Based on what I was told, as long as you have a ticket you can fly. There were quite a few pax transiting to US & EU.
Yes one of my friends book QR from HYD-DOH-ORD and had no issues going this past month. I am doing the same trip starting in MAA so hopefully things stay the same way.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: