Community
Wiki Posts
Search

face mask q suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by PROT
I notice QR are saying masks for all, all 9f the time. Is this the reality in QSUITE at the moment?

I'm presuming older J layouts are, but that there will be some allowances if your sleeping in your suites?
For a number of very good reasons relating to the absolute state of toxicity surrounding the discussion of wearing of face-diapers on airplanes, it's best if no one chooses to reply to your question. A pathetic state of affairs.

You could be asking for ammunition towards multiple complaining letters to your political representatives and various governmental "authorities" that "plague rats" are not masking!. Or you could be asking simply because you desire normality. Some day this political theatre will be over and we can go back to offering honest answers to simple questions. No doubt the "report this post" button will be on fire 3 seconds after I post this.
tpsmith82 and PROT like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: Skywards, BA, Virgin
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
For a number of very good reasons relating to the absolute state of toxicity surrounding the discussion of wearing of face-diapers on airplanes, it's best if no one chooses to reply to your question. A pathetic state of affairs.

You could be asking for ammunition towards multiple complaining letters to your political representatives and various governmental "authorities" that "plague rats" are not masking!. Or you could be asking simply because you desire normality. Some day this political theatre will be over and we can go back to offering honest answers to simple questions. No doubt the "report this post" button will be on fire 3 seconds after I post this.
Oh that's a shame, but no surprise. Personally I'm all for masks, spent a bit of time in Asia in the past and can see the idea, but question was more around if you have the choice.

In the UK you don't have to wear a mask if sitting at a table and distanced, so that makes sense to be mirrored on a flight where you can remain distanced. But also you are sharing circulated air, so see the other side too.

Completely nothing to do with masks wearing, but to do with how strictly is it policed.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by PROT
I notice QR are saying masks for all, all 9f the time. Is this the reality in QSUITE at the moment?

I'm presuming older J layouts are, but that there will be some allowances if your sleeping in your suites?
Some datapoints from early December: LAX/DOH/MLE & return. No one asked for me and spouse to wear a mask when the QSuite door was closed or when the FA opened it for service. On the first segment I was changing from a N95 mask to a cloth mask to be more comfortable and the FA opened the door, saw me fiddling with trying to get the cloth mask on and she told me “no need to wear a mask when you are in your QSuite.” YMMV
SamirD likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
Some datapoints from early December: LAX/DOH/MLE & return. No one asked for me and spouse to wear a mask when the QSuite door was closed or when the FA opened it for service. On the first segment I was changing from a N95 mask to a cloth mask to be more comfortable and the FA opened the door, saw me fiddling with trying to get the cloth mask on and she told me “no need to wear a mask when you are in your QSuite.” YMMV
Thank you for this data point as this is the first time an actual official FA said no need to wear it while in the qsuite. Is this updated somewhere in writing that the public can see, or is it only some sort of internal FA info?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.