Community
Wiki Posts
Search

face mask q suite

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CALMSP
you made a one sentence statement, that didn't mention walking around in the aisle. Its a published policy for coach and non-Q suite and is approved for no mask in the Q suite.
Please direct us to that published policy for Q suites.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Please direct us to that published policy for Q suites.
It was mentioned in this press release last year, but I fear may have been superceded by now.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...ard-for-p.html

To ensure the highest levels of hygiene onboard, Economy Class passengers are required to wear their face shield visor in addition to their face mask or covering throughout the flight, except when they are served their meals or drinks. Business Class customers are asked to wear their face shield and mask onboard at their own discretion, as they enjoy more space and privacy. In addition, for aircraft equipped with Qsuite, Qatar Airways’ award-winning business seat, Business Class customers are offered even greater privacy with sliding partitions and fully closing doors, and an option to display a ‘Do Not Disturb (DND)’ indicator if they wish to limit their interactions with cabin crew.
Old May 4, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ft101
It was mentioned in this press release last year, but I fear may have been superceded by now.
The website of course states "We now require all passengers to wear a face mask at all times from boarding to disembarkation." Safety Measures

On our two recent flights we were never asked to wear one in our suite.
Old May 4, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
The website of course states "We now require all passengers to wear a face mask at all times from boarding to disembarkation." Safety Measures

On our two recent flights we were never asked to wear one in our suite.
thats due to Qatar always wanting to look like everything they do is the best, but it is not company policy to wear in the Qsuite, however, there have been new reports that Australia flights are requiring it, but that seems driven from an Australian directive. But per the VP of Global Sales in DOH, it is not required while in the Qsuite. This was also confirmed by the VP of APAC to me personally.
Old May 6, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
So sounds like a case of 'official policy to the rest of the world is yes, but internally the policy is no'. And of course this will be up to the discretion of the flight crew, I wouldn't say it's not required as I don't think any argument against the flight crew would hold any water if they wanted to enforce masks.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by SamirD
And of course this will be up to the discretion of the flight crew, I wouldn't say it's not required as I don't think any argument against the flight crew would hold any water if they wanted to enforce masks.
And indeed there are multiple reports in this thread of crew requiring masks in Q suites (which would of course be fully consistent with the published policy).
Old May 7, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Slightly off topic as not Qsuite related, but man my flight today DOH SAW a320, I am the only J pax wearing a mask (double mask), literally everybody else in J weren't and it honestly pissed me off.

Don't know if complaining right there and then would have made at difference as it was 6 against 1. But I really felt so uncomfortable/violated during the entire flight.

​​​​​​
outgoing and SamirD like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by supatight80
This one guy in J who wasn't wearing a mask was literally 2-3 inches away talking to the FA flight attendant for minutes, and the FA was so nonchalant about it, as if there was no pandemic.
If the FA was in head to toe PPE, they don't have much to fear. Now, the other pax--they should.

Now, there were a few occasions I spoke to my FA without my mask while eating and needing something more, but generally I was pretty consistent on keeping it on and my door shut, even when sleeping.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
If the FA was in head to toe PPE, they don't have much to fear. Now, the other pax--they should.

Now, there were a few occasions I spoke to my FA without my mask while eating and needing something more, but generally I was pretty consistent on keeping it on and my door shut, even when sleeping.
Glasses (not goggles) and surgical mask. My CEB DOH flight was full PPE
Old May 7, 2021, 7:16 pm

Slightly off topic as not Qsuite related, but man my flight today DOH SAW a320, I am the only J pax wearing a mask (double mask), literally everybody else in J weren't and it honestly pissed me off.
​​​​​​
Air travel these days is full of situations we can't control. It bothers me less now that I'm vaccinated (and I suspect many pax ex-DOH are vaccinated too, given Qatar's relatively high vaccination rate).
A lot of people in those parts of the world think covid is a joke because they don't get sick.
I don't think that sentiment is limited to any particular part of the world.
Old May 8, 2021, 3:06 am

Air travel these days is full of situations we can't control.

I don't think that sentiment is limited to any particular part of the world.
That this situations can be detrimental to one's health is a concern. Between the additional violence and bad behavior of pax, this is just one more thing that's going to push security cameras into the cabin.

IME, it seems more prevalent since hygiene is also sometimes an afterthought as well, even pre-pandemic.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:10 am

IME, it seems more prevalent since hygiene is also sometimes an afterthought as well, even pre-pandemic.
There was a huge difference in compliance between LAX-DOH and DOH-BKK (nearly all Thais returning home). That said, mask compliance is also a big problem in the US, though I've not seen so many blatant violations as I did LAX-DOH. It's certainly something to consider in booking a ME carrier vs. say SQ or JL.
outgoing and SamirD like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

Don't know if complaining right there and then would have made at difference as it was 6 against 1. But I really felt so uncomfortable/violated during the entire flight.

​​​​​​
Pretty normal with that passenger broad on that route in J.
When I fly that route in Y or J, the mask compliance isn't great but I have seen the crew ( on multiple flights ) at least trying to ask those passengers not wearing their mask or wearing them under their chin to wear them properly.
SamirD likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 7:18 pm

just did a return trip of MLE-DOH-DFW. didnt wear my mask in the qsuite and had no issues
Old May 9, 2021, 11:09 pm

. . . . this is just one more thing that's going to push security cameras into the cabin.
I thought they were already there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.