Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access during layover while guest at Oryx Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Hello. We are flying on J awards issued by AA. I am also Emerald.
We arrive at 17:00 and depart at 15:00 the next day. Routing IAD-DOH-CAI.
As we cannot leave the airport, I've booked rooms at the Oryx Hotel.
That leaves us with a few meals.
Can we access the lounge during our transit as the stop is less than 24 hours?
Will the dining options at the lounge be our best choice during our 22 hours at DOH?
Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:28 pm

I have done something similar many times. It is somewhat subjective on whether the dining options at the lounge are the best choice, but at least they are very competitive on price...
florin likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Does the fact that I arrive at 17:00 (5pm) and depart at 15:00 (3pm) mean I can use the lounge until the next day because of this rule?
I'm connecting on the next day after 06:00 (6am). I noticed it has this restriction under business class but not Emerald. We qualify for both.
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Yes you would have access to the Al Mourjan Lounge during all of your transfer time.
You could enter and exit multiple times, however, for the convenience, be sure that the lounge agents at the entry stamp your boarding pass.

The dining options at the Al Mourjan Lounge is great and you would be fine over there.
However, there are also some good restaurants down at the duty-free level but dining at a restaurant would be on your own expense.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by chuck1
Does the fact that I arrive at 17:00 (5pm) and depart at 15:00 (3pm) mean I can use the lounge until the next day because of this rule?
I'm connecting on the next day after 06:00 (6am). I noticed it has this restriction under business class but not Emerald. We qualify for both.
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
This restriction is for class-of-service lounge access only, when connecting to/from long haul premium cabins (where the customer has lounge access included), to short-haul in coach/economy where without status, you normally wouldn't be able to get into the lounge.

It doesn't apply in your case. (An example where it does apply is for a non-status passenger, booked business class JFK-LHR but then connecting economy to CDG. Without this rule, an economy/coach boarding pass would not normally give lounge access in LHR.)
ISTFlyer and florin like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I have done something similar many times. It is somewhat subjective on whether the dining options at the lounge are the best choice, but at least they are very competitive on price...
Whatever you choose, stay away from the room service in the Oryx hotel. That food is just not worth the effort.

I've used AM for food while on a 20 hour layover, it works great, and it's very nice when you can visit AM off-peak.

-A

Last edited by ph-ndr; Mar 27, 2021 at 7:48 am
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
You are quoting a oneworld rule that is not a restriction, but an extension of eligibility, which grants lounge access if the short-haul or domestic flight is in economy class.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if the Priority Pass lounge at DOH requires a boarding pass to access? or just a swipe of the card?
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone know if the Priority Pass lounge at DOH requires a boarding pass to access? or just a swipe of the card?
I believe it's the card and a scan of the boarding pass.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by realgaga
I believe it's the card and a scan of the boarding pass.
I wonder if it has to be same day (I have a 20-hour overnight) and staying at Oryx.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I wonder if it has to be same day (I have a 20-hour overnight) and staying at Oryx.
You would be able to enter with a next day boarding pass, however with the same boarding pass, you would have maximum 4 hours of access. Once you enter, the timer would start and you wouldn't be able to re-enter the lounge after 240 minutes is over. So, you wouldn't be able to split your hours.

I am not sure if they police the 4 hour rule when you are inside the lounge so I can't comment if you would be politely asked to pay or leave when your time is over.
The walk-in fee is $55 for 6 hours, if you need extra access.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would be able to enter with a next day boarding pass, however with the same boarding pass, you would have maximum 4 hours of access. Once you enter, the timer would start and you wouldn't be able to re-enter the lounge after 240 minutes is over. So, you wouldn't be able to split your hours.

I am not sure if they police the 4 hour rule when you are inside the lounge so I can't comment if you would be politely asked to pay or leave when your time is over.
The walk-in fee is $55 for 6 hours, if you need extra access.
I have three PP cards, I wonder if they would let me swipe a new one although I'd just be there for wine and food.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have three PP cards, I wonder if they would let me swipe a new one although I'd just be there for wine and food.
That's something beyond my knowledge, sorry.
SkyTeam777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.