Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can't select seat on any browser???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
For the last while the DOH MLE flight I was on showed an error pulling up the seat map on both QR and RJ - ? IT problem, BUT AA was able to assign me a seat when I could not see any - on the phone - in the lounge later (by days) they could see the map of a flight but couldn't change the seat. Good luck.

Originally Posted by jfreeze613
Tfhis hack worked great for the first of two flights I booked using AA miles. I have a IAD-DOH-MLE flight booked, and the RJ site let me select seats for the IAD-DOH portion, however it says for the DOH-MLE flight that "There is an error with one of your special service (15235)" and all seats appear taken on the entire plane. Checking Qatar itself shows only one or two seats on the entire plane booked, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've been waiting for someone at qatar to pick up the phone for 3 hours now, and I contacted their @QRSupport handle this morning and, after responding almost immediately for my info, 5 hours later they still can't help me select a seat. I also have that FF issue, but I have two listed on my reservation and even on the RJ site no matter how many times I delete it they both come back.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this, or any way to get in touch with Qatar besides phone and twitter? Any help is definitely appreciated.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by jfreeze613
Anyone have any idea how to resolve this, or any way to get in touch with Qatar besides phone and twitter? Any help is definitely appreciated.
They have a rep on here it might be worth messaging. Username is goingplacestogether or something similar.
Old May 1, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC
The phones are probably busy at the moment due to new rules regarding PCR tests being required for some transit passengers in Doha. If you are trying to phone, I suggest waiting a few days.
Old May 1, 2021, 7:39 am

So frustrating. I finally got a response from their twitter handle @QRSupport and was told awards flights do not get an assigned seat and that I would have to pay to select one. They only do that one the phone as well. Has anyone else had issues where you cannot hear them on the phone? It's full of static no matter what phone I call from. After a 6 hour wait on the phone, someone finally picked up, but I couldn't hear a word they said and hung up. Does anyone know if I can just go to my local airport and get this done since twitter and phone are no longer an option?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:34 am

Hi all
We bought Qatar tickets using Qantas Classic Points. However we can't select our seats either at Qantas or Qatar web-sites.
As I am tall, I need legroom seats and happy to pay extra, but not upgrade to business.
How can I select them?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
The Malaysian airlines website worked for me selecting my QR seats. It’s threads like this that make me love Flyertalk and want to shout it to the mountain tops.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
The Malaysian airlines website worked for me selecting my QR seats. It’s threads like this that make me love Flyertalk and want to shout it to the mountain tops.
I opened an account on the forum just to say this also worked for me. Thank you to those who contribute!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:46 am

Anyone have any new work arounds?

I have 2 award bookings, one is for 2 people the other for 1 person. ON the single person I can pull up the record on Qatar's website just fine (but can't select seats).

On the 2 person, even after removing FF accounts on RJ and then on MH, and submitting the changes, it still says:
  • We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.
  • The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)
  • Sorry, We are unable to update your contact details.
On the Qatar website. I can't get it to take the info. I know the issue, when I pull up the info on the MH website, it shows the AA FF numbers for myself and my wife BOTH on BOTH tickets. Problem is, even though I remove them on RJ and MH it apparently doesn't remove.

Any tips?

UPDATE: For whatever reason even though not remove NOW RJ lets me pick seats!! Mahalo!!

Last edited by LiquidHonesty; Dec 30, 2021 at 9:51 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
Anyone have any new work arounds?

I have 2 award bookings, one is for 2 people the other for 1 person. ON the single person I can pull up the record on Qatar's website just fine (but can't select seats).

On the 2 person, even after removing FF accounts on RJ and then on MH, and submitting the changes, it still says:
  • We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.
  • The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)
  • Sorry, We are unable to update your contact details.
On the Qatar website. I can't get it to take the info. I know the issue, when I pull up the info on the MH website, it shows the AA FF numbers for myself and my wife BOTH on BOTH tickets. Problem is, even though I remove them on RJ and MH it apparently doesn't remove.

Any tips?

UPDATE: For whatever reason even though not remove NOW RJ lets me pick seats!! Mahalo!!
I have just used the rj site for my qr iad/doh/jnb business class aa award tickets . In addition I have been having problems with the ba mmb with my return flights cpt/lhr/iad. After several; tries on the rj site I was able to book seats on all flights. It does show all seats available which is not always true. As a previous poster pointed out if you have expert flyer their seat maps tend to be very accurate. YMMV
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:04 pm

NOTE, if you get this error when choosing your seats on RJ:
One of your seat requests cannot be confirmed. It can be due to a missing or invalid Frequent Card. (4636
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
It means your seat is already taken. Try again or look at Expert FLyer and choose an open seat. Then it'll stick
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:15 pm

Small update, seems Qatar's website is finally working with these bookings....at least for me.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I have a tentative flight booking in business class but it seems I can neither choose the seats on QR nor through RJ. I guess until the ticket is fully paid and issued the seats cannot be chosen.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
FWIW..I have made J class award bookings SFO-DOH using Alaska miles. Seat selection does not work on QR.com. I tried selecting on RJ website, the seats get selected and Manage my Booking on QR shows the seats. However after a few hours the seat selection gets revoked and I see no seat selected. Tried this 3 times so far - same result each time. Called QR's Doha call center and the agent advised I would need to pay US$96 per passenger to get advance seat selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.