Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR from MUC Terminal 2 - no lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2021, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

We are booked to fly from MUC to MLE via DOH soon (in C, I'm BA Gold). I noticed that QR is now departing from Terminal 2 (the LH terminal). When I try to look up the available lounges on QR's website, it lists a lounge in terminal 1 (which is however temporarily closed). Is there really no lounge option in this case?

Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 3:03 am

Dear Football Fan,

I don't know specifically about MUC, however I'm flying from Rome (FCO) and the terminal for QR has also changed here. They told me that I will not have lounge access on this occasion as their lounge is in the other (closed) terminal and they don't have agreements with the lounges in the replacement terminal. Thus, I would guess it could be the same in your case.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: Qatar Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, Emirates Silver, Bonvoy AMB,
LH Business domestic is open for C and Gold and above,
Football Fan likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 12:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YoHo66
LH Business domestic is open for C and Gold and above,
Can confirm that Qatar C class passengers are getting access to the domestic LH lounge (no catering at the moment, only take-away bottled water, coffee, and sandwiches).
Football Fan likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
No access

So, no lounge access in paid business class, "because you booked the cheap booking class R". 🤷‍♂️
Old Mar 20, 2021, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Football Fan
So, no lounge access in paid business class, "because you booked the cheap booking class R". 🤷‍♂️
If you have BA Gold, you should have access through your BA Gold card rather than your Business Class ticket.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There really isn’t much of a lounge situation at the moment, just a quiet place to sit.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you have BA Gold, you should have access through your BA Gold card rather than your Business Class ticket.
Correct, was with wife and two children. They let us in, but we also had a same day arrival in LH C (and I'm SEN). The lounge lady had no idea how to enter BA Gold status...
Old Mar 21, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Correct, was with wife and two children. They let us in, but we also had a same day arrival in LH C (and I'm SEN). The lounge lady had no idea how to enter BA Gold status...
​​​​​​​LH interlined with QR your luggage ? or you did go landside + immigration (if no shenggen) to get it ?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
LH interlined with QR your luggage ? or you did go landside + immigration (if no shenggen) to get it ?
Had to go landside. But we had many hours to kill anyway. Stayed in the lobby of the Hilton for a couple of hours. They were also not allowed to sell any food, except "to go". Kind of a dumb rule, no food allowed in the lounge or to be eaten at a restaurant, but you can buy stuff to go...eventually you take your mask off anyway and eat it, so what's the point...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.