Wiki Posts
Search

Online Seat Assignment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Online Seat Assignment

Hello,

I recently booked a business class fare on Qatar Airways from ORD-DOH. There was NO option for online seat assignment. When I called Qatar Airways, they said I could get a seat assignment over the phone. I was surprised as I had flown last year and I was able to perform an online seat assignment.

Anyone knows what's going on with Qatar Airways online seat assignment?

Thank you.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by James2231
Hello,

I recently booked a business class fare on Qatar Airways from ORD-DOH. There was NO option for online seat assignment. When I called Qatar Airways, they said I could get a seat assignment over the phone. I was surprised as I had flown last year and I was able to perform an online seat assignment.

Anyone knows what's going on with Qatar Airways online seat assignment?

Thank you.
If you're booked in fare basis 'R' then you are not eligible for free seat selection if you don't have status with QR or oneworld.
See QR unbundles business class with new R fares
Old Feb 16, 2021, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for responding.

The class of service is Business Class booking code is U.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by James2231
Thank you for responding.

The class of service is Business Class booking code is U.
Ok so it was a redemption. I know the QR MMB page can be a little funky to award tickets issued by other partners.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
I have an (AA) award redemption coming up for JFK-DOH-MLE in J (U). After a schedule change, I agreed to a voluntary downgrade on the second leg. Had no trouble reserving Q suites for JFK-DOH but QR told me via Twitter that I need to pay for a seat assignment on DOH-MLE in Y (X). Could this really be the policy? Deciding whether it's worth spending more time trying to get through to the call center, which is no easy feat.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by njvandy
I have an (AA) award redemption coming up for JFK-DOH-MLE in J (U). After a schedule change, I agreed to a voluntary downgrade on the second leg. Had no trouble reserving Q suites for JFK-DOH but QR told me via Twitter that I need to pay for a seat assignment on DOH-MLE in Y (X). Could this really be the policy? Deciding whether it's worth spending more time trying to get through to the call center, which is no easy feat.
I received this response, which isn't satisfying of course but it does make some sense

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.