Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qsuite Quad - trying to select seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Qsuite Quad - trying to select seats

Has anybody had luck tyring to book a Qusite quad eg, 1E, 1F, 2D and 2G. 3E, or 3F, 4D and 4G. 5E, 5F etc
My booking is a BA ticket flying on Qatar meta,

Research says Qatar block the middle rows *E, D, E and F) for couples/families with couples/families getting allocated these seats as bookings are made.
However this hasnt happened in my case, we (family of 3) have been allocated window seats but split between the two business class cabins.

BA cant book me into these blocked seats - they say there are under airport control, MMB on BA doesn't work at all, and ringing Qatar results in me being told i need to Ring BA.... hmm any way around this? Any tips/magic qatar phone numbers etc?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
can't you manage it on the qatar website?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:39 am
Suspended

You'd have to deal with QR for this, not BA. I'm assuming if QR is jerking you around with seat changes that you have an unbundled R fare that doesnt allow seat changes?
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drwook
can't you manage it on the qatar website?
No unfortunately not

Originally Posted by arjaok
You'd have to deal with QR for this, not BA. I'm assuming if QR is jerking you around with seat changes that you have an unbundled R fare that doesnt allow seat changes?
Its in the right bucket for seat selection, but alas the QR or BA agents cant change the seats.
I did log into the Royal Jordan website and managed to unassig the seats i was given.. but now i have no assigned seats, and the RJ site says the following when trying to select seats
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:10 am
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
No unfortunately not

Its in the right bucket for seat selection, but alas the QR or BA agents cant change the seats.
I did log into the Royal Jordan website and managed to unassig the seats i was given.. but now i have no assigned seats, and the RJ site says the following when trying to select seats
  • Your service selection contains unavailable service(s). (119225)
Did you try the Malaysian site? I very recently was able to change seats for our four segments on QR (starting next Monday).
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjz
Did you try the Malaysian site? I very recently was able to change seats for our four segments on QR (starting next Monday).
hmm interesting, Malaysian site allowed me to modify one segment..., but I still could not select quite suite quad seats (e/f/g/h)... .. i ll play around a bit more... cheers for the suggestion...
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
You'll have to HUCA until a QR agent selects it for you.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
You'll have to HUCA until a QR agent selects it for you.
I tried HUCA (3 times)... the last agent has emailed the QATAR support desk with the seat request....(she tried different options for 30mins)
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:43 pm

Which call centre did you call?
Edit: And when is your departure date?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Which call centre did you call?
Edit: And when is your departure date?
UK number - thou it went somewhere where English wasn't the first language (im terrible with accents potentially eastern european, could be qatrar?) we are flying 21 Feb..
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:13 pm

Hmm, this isn't usual.
Does your ticket have any complications? Eg. bought from a TA, BA marketed flight, etc.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, this isn't usual.
Does your ticket have any complications? Eg. bought from a TA, BA marketed flight, etc.
Originally it was BA, but ive been re-routed on Qatar, originally it was a direct flight with BA, now with QATAR is via DOH (two segments), still a BA 125 issued ticket, but stuck between a rock and hard place...
After playing around on Malaysia airlines MMB i managed to get the first segnment seats moved so at least we are in the same section of buisness now (8A, 9B, 10A), but all the middle seats (DEFG) were blocked to me. Exper flyer shows only one Qsuite Quad left on this leg. (blocked) all other Qsuite Quads are either half booked(EF double bed take) or fully (DEFG) booked.

On the s 2nd segment i needed to remove and re-add my FF numbers on the Malaysia airlines website, i managed to book 3 window seats together, expert flyer shows all DEFG seat as being blocked (standard practice ive heard for Qsuites)... so im slightly better off.. but no Qusite Quad (yet)

The last person i spoke with at Qatar sent it off to the support desk, so hopefully that will help...

Thanks for the tips...

Last edited by babyg_wc; Jan 25, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Has anybody had luck tyring to book a Qusite quad eg, 1E, 1F, 2D and 2G. 3E, or 3F, 4D and 4G. 5E, 5F etc
My booking is a BA ticket flying on Qatar meta,

Research says Qatar block the middle rows *E, D, E and F) for couples/families with couples/families getting allocated these seats as bookings are made.
However this hasnt happened in my case, we (family of 3) have been allocated window seats but split between the two business class cabins.

BA cant book me into these blocked seats - they say there are under airport control, MMB on BA doesn't work at all, and ringing Qatar results in me being told i need to Ring BA.... hmm any way around this? Any tips/magic qatar phone numbers etc?

Not sure if this is a data point for you but I'm in a similar situation. Yesterday (1/24) I booked Qatar flights for two from SIN -> US using Asia Miles. A351's all the way and booking class U. When I logged into the Qatar site, seat selection wasn't even an option. There wasn't even a button. I went to the CX website and could select window, aisle or "no preference" but it said to contact QR for actual seat assignments. Using the RJ site, I was able to select and confirm any seat I wanted (!), but it wouldn't transfer to QR. Finally I called QR and they helped me choose 2 window seats, but the rep said *all* center seats were blocked for families. They couldn't book even one center seat for us (D, E, F or G), never mind two together anywhere in the middle.

Not sure what gives - maybe they open up seat selection closer in?

6/18/21 UPDATE
Success! I called Qatar at 1 877 777 2837 and after being on hold for 30 min, was told that since it was a redemption booking, I would need to call Privilege Club at 1 800 988 6128. So I did and they were able to assign us 4D and 4G! Two forward facing Q-Suites even though we are flying on 2 separate PNR's using Asia Miles. The flights are a bit under 6 mos away in Dec.

Last edited by tpmgpeds; Jun 18, 2021 at 6:33 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Dear folks, this is a generic answer to a bunch of similar cases that were in this thread.

If your ticket is booked through a partner airline, you would need to call in for a seat assignment. The QR website would not work. You might try your luck with a partner airline website but if that doesn't work, your only option is to call Qatar Airways or contact a local ticketing office. There is no other getaway and regardless of how much this question is asked, the answer would not change.

If you are traveling solo or a duo on a QSuites equipped aircraft, the only way to get middle seats is at the airport. Those seats are reserved for parties over 3 people and they do not open for reservations with 1 or 2 passengers anytime. If you are 3 or more passengers on the reservation, you still need to call in to select middle quad seats on the QSuites. There is no online getaway unless the partner sites work.

Also another reminder that some hotline agents might create some excuses, regardless of the ticketing stock you have booked, you would need to contact QR for seat assignments. For example, if the flight is on a 125- stock BA wouldn't be able to help you. If one of the partner websites doesn't work and you haven't succeeded on your first phone call, you should HUACA ( hang up and call again ).
willoL, babyg_wc and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Dear folks, this is a generic answer to a bunch of similar cases that were in this thread.

If your ticket is booked through a partner airline, you would need to call in for a seat assignment. The QR website would not work. You might try your luck with a partner airline website but if that doesn't work, your only option is to call Qatar Airways or contact a local ticketing office. There is no other getaway and regardless of how much this question is asked, the answer would not change.

If you are traveling solo or a duo on a QSuites equipped aircraft, the only way to get middle seats is at the airport. Those seats are reserved for parties over 3 people and they do not open for reservations with 1 or 2 passengers anytime. If you are 3 or more passengers on the reservation, you still need to call in to select middle quad seats on the QSuites. There is no online getaway unless the partner sites work.

Also another reminder that some hotline agents might create some excuses, regardless of the ticketing stock you have booked, you would need to contact QR for seat assignments. For example, if the flight is on a 125- stock BA wouldn't be able to help you. If one of the partner websites doesn't work and you haven't succeeded on your first phone call, you should HUACA ( hang up and call again ).
This is so helpful! Thank you for saving me a lot of head banging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.