Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Transfer Amex American Express) points to a Qatar Airways family member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Hello,

do you know if I can transfer Amex points to a Qatar Airways Privilege Club family member who is not the main member of this account ?
Old Jan 17, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by betaepo2
Hello,

do you know if I can transfer Amex points to a Qatar Airways Privilege Club family member who is not the main member of this account ?
A QRPC Family member isn't actually a full member, meaning its only thing it can do is to earn Qmiles for the main member.
In short, you can't because they don't actually 'own' the Qmiles earnt. If your family member wants to use Qmiles then they'll have to open a separate account and start earning there.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga
A QRPC Family member isn't actually a full member, meaning its only thing it can do is to earn Qmiles for the main member.
In short, you can't because they don't actually 'own' the Qmiles earnt. If your family member wants to use Qmiles then they'll have to open a separate account and start earning there.
are you sure? I want to transfer Qatar Miles to my family member account.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by betaepo2
are you sure? I want to transfer Qatar Miles to my family member account.

For more information, go to https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...programme.html.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:57 am

Didn't want to open a new thread and this one should fit quite good:

We have a total of three Amex accounts (mom, dad, me) and want to combine the MR/Avios. Will it be possible to add my parents to the family account in order to transfer MR from their Amex account to their newly created QR account so that I can make a booking for all us?

Due to different MR balances we are not able to book each ticket on each account. Appreciate any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.