Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GCC Airspace reopens to QR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by brunos
I wonder whether QR is not taking any new booking from UAE only for UK destinations?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33003055-post779.html
Interesting that it extends to other UK red list countries, including South Africa. A bit OT for this thread.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
Interesting that it extends to other UK red list countries, including South Africa. A bit OT for this thread.
Sorry, but I think that this is very central to this thread.
Many media have announced that QR bookings from UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi are being suspended. Even Al Jazeera did.

The restrictive interpretation is that this might only be for pax connecting to the UK. But this is mentioned nowhere, so the current interpretation is that QR will suspends flights from UAE.
Anyone with reliable information would be welcome.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:21 am

Anyone know when Bahrain flights will resume?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by deltatrav
Anyone know when Bahrain flights will resume?
No clue or news yet. Despite the agreement and Bahrain opening up its airspace to QR flights, there's still tension between the two governments and it hasn't abated yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.