Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Funny one qr think i am a Filipino worker

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold

Just opened my booking on QR android app and found out this warning:

As you have completed this booking as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you will need to provide an official document that allows exemption from the International Passenger Service Charge (LI Tax) during check-in. If you fail to provide the correct document, Qatar Airways will charge you the applicable LI tax.

Actually i m french with french passport, so weird.
Qatar Airways it at its best!!
Traveller999 and NoY like this.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Just opened my booking on QR android app and found out this warning:

As you have completed this booking as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you will need to provide an official document that allows exemption from the International Passenger Service Charge (LI Tax) during check-in. If you fail to provide the correct document, Qatar Airways will charge you the applicable LI tax.

Actually i m french with french passport, so weird.
Qatar Airways it at its best!!
Hello from QR707! I actually saw the same message in the iOS app but not on desktop this week and since I was flying in a couple days called QR to make sure there would be no issues. They said it was a technical problem and should only apply to Philippines departures.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There were some other people who got the same error message, it should be a technical glitch. Simply ignore it.
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: BA
Same happening for me on the web manage booking interface. Thanks for this thread - reassuring to know it’s a widespread issue and not some problem with my uncomplicated LHR-JNB cash booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.