A320 ADD-DOH in Dec. Lie flat?

Old Oct 19, 20, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
A320 ADD-DOH in Dec. Lie flat?

Hi All,

Contemplating flying QR instead of the usual *A for a trip in December ADD-DOH in J (and then on to EU from there)
As far as I can see this is scheduled to be operated by A320. In your experience, what are the chances of lie-flat J-seats on this route?
And how many percent of the QR A320-fleet has lie-flats in J?

If the chances aren't good, I'd rather stick with LH/ET where I am certain to end up on a wide-body aircraft.

Thank you.
Old Oct 19, 20, 8:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Looking at the historical flights the lie flat A320s don't often operate the ADD flight. Some days are 77W so maybe go with one of those days if you're flexible. About half of the A320 fleet is lie flat
Old Oct 19, 20, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
When are you scheduled to fly, we could check the seat map for you and tell if there is going to be lie-flat seats or the recliner ones for your intended date?
Old Dec 22, 20, 3:53 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VS, PX, AI
I’m flying QR1427 DOH-ADD on 20 Jan. I’d be interested to know if that flight has lie flats or recliners. Expertflyer showing seats back to row 30.

Also, seat assigned was was 2A but the seat assignment is gone and all the seats in J are now blocked, apart from 3A3C which are occupied. Anyone know why they would do that?
Old Dec 22, 20, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by pineappleskip View Post
Im flying QR1427 DOH-ADD on 20 Jan. Id be interested to know if that flight has lie flats or recliners. Expertflyer showing seats back to row 30.

Also, seat assigned was was 2A but the seat assignment is gone and all the seats in J are now blocked, apart from 3A3C which are occupied. Anyone know why they would do that?
It looks like the old A320 configuration with recliner seats. However, QR is known for their last-minute aircraft changes and you might end up with lie-flat seats, although it's not a guarantee.
For the part that you were dumped from your seat assignment, I can't say anything; you might call or ask to be assigned seats through the hotline or the web support form.
pineappleskip likes this.

Search this Thread