Award upgrade advice pls.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2020, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, Miles&Smiles Elite
Award upgrade advice pls.

Hi

I have a economy saver booking with two flights. CPH-DOH-ICN
I wanted to use some Qcredits to upgrade to business.

I was only shown upgrade for DOH-ICN, So I upgraded that, 30min later there was an upgrade on CPH-DOH but this one
could only be upgraded if I upgraded both at the same time, ??

Do any of you have a tip on how to handle this. Privilage club has been no help
Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Hi sorlok and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Assuming that your flights have wide-availability in Business Class and it would not disappear, you could ask to use your Qcredits at the check-in counter on the day of your departure.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, Miles&Smiles Elite
Thanks ISTFlyer

Will try that, but read somewhere that a guy got the same situation "fixed" by a higher level supporter.
I have never had any luck with customer service or priv. club. Always get a not possible. No matter if im burgundy or platinum
Old Oct 16, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Since I was QRPC Platinum, I didn't experience any bad luck with Qatar Airways, they were always helpful and they were able to handle my requests.
By the way, I am not sure where are you based, although, if there is a local QR office in your country, you might try to contact them as well.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I booked my wife (Platinum) a flight from YUL-DOH in an economy class ticket that was upgradable. However, the ability to upgrade using Q-Credits was zeroed out for the remainder of 2020. I called customer support who told me that she should be able to do it on the day when in YUL. So, on Friday she asked at the check in counter to upgrade (+3 hours before departure). They took all of her info and said it should be possible. After entering everything into the system, she was informed it was “too late”. She gets onto the plane to see numerous seats in business class are empty/not sold. Seriously, WTH??? She is Platinum, I am also Platinum and all they have done is to re emphasize their almost disdain for frequent fliers. Seriously, why award QCredits when using them is not even possible?
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: QRPC Gold; TKMS Elite; Hilton Diamond
Advice pls

Originally Posted by sorlok
Hi

I have a economy saver booking with two flights. CPH-DOH-ICN
I wanted to use some Qcredits to upgrade to business.

I was only shown upgrade for DOH-ICN, So I upgraded that, 30min later there was an upgrade on CPH-DOH but this one
could only be upgraded if I upgraded both at the same time, ??

Do any of you have a tip on how to handle this. Privilage club has been no help
Thanks
I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I booked EBB-DOH-LHR in V class but only DOH-LHR is showing availability for QCredits/QMiles upgrade. If I were to upgrade DOH-LHR, would I then be able to upgrade EBB-DOH by paying the difference in QCredits? i.e. EBB-DOH-LHR costs 39 QCredits if upgraded together but EBB-DOH & DOH-LHR separately cost 24 & 28 QCredits, respectively. So if EBB-DOH shows-up availability later, will I be paying 11 QCredits or 24 QCredits?

If anyone could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. P.S. This is my first ever post on FT, please excuse any newbie faux-pas
Old Oct 20, 2020, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ngoyal1
I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I booked EBB-DOH-LHR in V class but only DOH-LHR is showing availability for QCredits/QMiles upgrade. If I were to upgrade DOH-LHR, would I then be able to upgrade EBB-DOH by paying the difference in QCredits? i.e. EBB-DOH-LHR costs 39 QCredits if upgraded together but EBB-DOH & DOH-LHR separately cost 24 & 28 QCredits, respectively. So if EBB-DOH shows-up availability later, will I be paying 11 QCredits or 24 QCredits?

If anyone could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. P.S. This is my first ever post on FT, please excuse any newbie faux-pas
Hi ​​​ngoyal1 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you clear the upgrade for DOH-LHR at the moment for 28 Qcredits at the moment, unfortunately if availability opens for EBB-DOH at a later stage, you would need to pay 24 Qcredits for that flight.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I booked my wife (Platinum) a flight from YUL-DOH in an economy class ticket that was upgradable. However, the ability to upgrade using Q-Credits was zeroed out for the remainder of 2020. I called customer support who told me that she should be able to do it on the day when in YUL. So, on Friday she asked at the check in counter to upgrade (+3 hours before departure). They took all of her info and said it should be possible. After entering everything into the system, she was informed it was “too late”. She gets onto the plane to see numerous seats in business class are empty/not sold. Seriously, WTH??? She is Platinum, I am also Platinum and all they have done is to re emphasize their almost disdain for frequent fliers. Seriously, why award QCredits when using them is not even possible?
I had the exact same experience in Dallas; the last upgrade went to a woman the reached the counter 5 minutes before me. It was clear from expertflyer (and again on board) that there were empty seats in business class. The number of upgrades available came down to how many business class meals that were loaded. I was really upset and no amount of negotiating or whining changed the outcome, but I did understand where they were coming from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.