QR discontinues Flights to Cambodia?

Old Oct 5, 20, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
QR discontinues Flights to Cambodia?

I am trying to rebook a ticket to REP or PNH and both have zero QR flights scheduled on the time table. Therefore the agent was unable to rebook there for me.

Has QR stopped flying to Cambodia? Which I find interesting considering they are technically opened, albeit with a lot of restrictions.
Old Oct 6, 20, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire
Bump!
Old Oct 6, 20, 10:37 am

Programs: QR Plat
Try bumping it again. This lack of response is clearly in breach of your SLA.

-A
SFOTraveler1984 and IAN-UK like this.
Old Oct 6, 20, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
I am trying to rebook a ticket to REP or PNH and both have zero QR flights scheduled on the time table. Therefore the agent was unable to rebook there for me.

Has QR stopped flying to Cambodia? Which I find interesting considering they are technically opened, albeit with a lot of restrictions.
I don't know the answer, but with Australia, you can't book on any QR services even though they are operating. You can only book - or rebook - from 18 December 2020 at this stage. Could be something similar with Cambodia, that they're operating but not allowing more bookings? I don't know what the travel restrictions are there.
Old Oct 7, 20, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
I don't know the answer, but with Australia, you can't book on any QR services even though they are operating. You can only book - or rebook - from 18 December 2020 at this stage. Could be something similar with Cambodia, that they're operating but not allowing more bookings? I don't know what the travel restrictions are there.
No. I only called the number to get through to QR. She rebooked my LAX-BKK in J for next year September. She would’ve done Cambodia (which is what I wanted) but they have not loaded any flights to Cambodia on any timetable.
Old Oct 7, 20, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
We all know that QR is currently not flying to Cambodia. I guess that your question is whether they will resume and when.

I don't have a crystal ball. But both REP and PNH are "minor" destinations for QR, primarily leisure.
Unless tourists come back extensively to REP, I strongly doubt that QR will return. I doubt that there is any chance in 2021.
Old Oct 7, 20, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
We all know that QR is currently not flying to Cambodia. I guess that your question is whether they will resume and when.

I don't have a crystal ball. But both REP and PNH are "minor" destinations for QR, primarily leisure.
Unless tourists come back extensively to REP, I strongly doubt that QR will return. I doubt that there is any chance in 2021.
Interesting so they’ve essentially stopped flying to Cambodia for all intents and purposes.
Old Oct 9, 20, 2:29 am
Original Poster

For those of you wanting to go to a vacation destination or change your destination, they are operating (or at least scheduling) flights to Phuket (HKT) Thailand.
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Are they putting PNH on the schedule anymore?

UPDATE: they’ve reloaded flights to PNH

Last edited by NWplatinum; Dec 21, 20 at 4:24 am
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by brunos View Post

Siem Reap is leisure dominated, but the Phnom Penh service attracts a healthy amount of "non-discretionary" traffic - meaning government, official, diplomatic, NGO as well as business-motivated passengers. QR will want to maintain its credibility in the Cambodian market, at least on the PNH route.
Old Dec 22, 20, 12:49 am

Are they putting PNH on the schedule anymore?

UPDATE: they’ve reloaded flights to PNH
Still no change to visa or quarantine requirements.
Old Dec 24, 20, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Still no change to visa or quarantine requirements.
Given the strict entrance requirements into Cambodia with the deposit, does QR assume it’s voluntary if you don’t fly given those entry restrictions?
Old Dec 24, 20, 12:04 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Given the strict entrance requirements into Cambodia with the deposit, does QR assume it’s voluntary if you don’t fly given those entry restrictions?
As all QR tickets are fully refundable at the moment ( Extending our Commitment Policy v2.0 ), you could get a refund regardless if you could enter Cambodia or not.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Dec 27, 20, 10:32 am

Shame about REP as I wanted this for next November. CX have dropped it too.

PNH is via SGN with QR.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: