Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
Does the promo code work with an added stopover in Doha?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Yeah, I was excited to get one of these at 8:01 PM CT a couple days ago... but struggling to find anything that works for the entirety of next summer (June/July) to MLE. It seems like most of the W fare classes are only triggered when they include connections on AA operated flights (which isn't permitted in the T&C of the promotion). When I delete the connection and just search for IAH/ORD/LAX/JFK-DOH-MLE and reverse, only on QR metal, there are no search results at all. Am I searching incorrectly, or this really just a silly needle-in-a-haystack promo?

Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Yeah nothing out of YUL for summer to anywhere in W.....
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL
unless summer flights get loaded between now and the end of the month this is a joke. It's targeted towards teachers and the only W availability anywhere is during the time teachers cant take vacation. Seems like this was done knowing the codes couldn't be used but still get the positive press.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:12 pm

I found ONE WAY LAX-DOH-MLE but when you search RT it doesn't allow W booking...
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
It seems that adding a stopover (NZ - EUR) change the bucket to N class.. has anyone had luck booking a stopover in Doha?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I found ONE WAY LAX-DOH-MLE but when you search RT it doesn't allow W booking...
Yep. I found a few options like that, but as soon as you change it to RT, the fare class changes. And the promo code only works with RT.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:40 pm

Just to show it actually IS possible to book SOMETHING, try LAX-DOH in February. I actually was able to find some RT for $51.74 total. Maybe a quick midwinter/spring break trip.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:01 pm

Needless to say, this is looking like a very sleazy and underhanded move by Qatar. I was so excited to get my email today, and now this looks so useless.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
We are planning on going to Europe and the Maldives next summer and have some credit on another airline, so we're flying from the US to Paris on another airline at the end of May, and then we booked CDG-MLE roundtrip for 6/5-6/10 for about $137 total (taxes only) and then we booked the companion ticket for about $765 total. I tried several times with several different city combinations to book a stopover in DOH, but couldn't get it to work. Does anyone know if these fares will be eligible for cash purchased upgrades at the airport?
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by jbandy10
Needless to say, this is looking like a very sleazy and underhanded move by Qatar. I was so excited to get my email today, and now this looks so useless.
Easy to book return from NZ to Europe. $159NZD return.. snip
Jessica Wirth likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
Finally managed to ticket 2 promo itineraries LHR-DOH-DPS-DOH-LHR, after spending 6 hours on Qatar's website. It is bloody 4:30 am here in the UK.

Anyway, I paid £331.90 for 2 tickets, which were otherwise selling for £1,266.30. That's a neat saving of £934.40. Not a bad deal, eh? Since we are flying out of LHR, we paid around £290 in APD. The promo ticket would have costed lot less, if we were flying Ex-EU. But in the current climate, we don't want to take risk, with countries changing their entry requirements almost everyday!

And to be honest, Qatar's teacher promo ain't that bad! You just need to be patient and keep searching for W class fares for summer 2021. They are limited in numbers for sure, but Qatar hasn't pulled the plug on W fare class, as many people are suggesting here.

P.S.: Looks like I am the first to book the promo ticket on FT!
exactlyaron likes this.

Last edited by 747_Brat; Oct 8, 2020 at 9:50 pm
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:03 pm

Great news, mine came through too! I’m trying to figure out these W fares. Wondering if these fares include a stop over at Doha. I haven’t been able to find one with a stopover at the reduced price. Anyone got more info on fares or can point me in the right direction. I’m a novice.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:37 pm

I just booked mine. LAX-DOH-ATH open jay return ZRH-DOH-LAX over the summer. $89.11 total.

The 50% off coupon appears on the confirmation screen.

Nearly 24 hour stop over in DOH on the way over. May ditch the return ticket -- date isn't ideal but it was when W was available for the return to the US.

I don't think you can book a free stop over in DOH for more than 24 hours. I read in the other thread (free tickets for medical professionals) that if you call you can change the flight to get a stop over.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 12:16 am

Im trying to book a flight IKA-MLE MLE-IKA, there are W fare classes available but when I break down the price for the W class, it says $160 fare + $75 taxes and imposed fees.
I thought the fare is free and we only need to pay for taxes and imposed fees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.