Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2021, 5:56 am

Before. I haven’t cancelled my ticket but flights have been, no code for me (yet)
Old May 22, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Aston100
And this is Qatar being sneaky again. No availability in UK school holiday times to any of the multiple destinations I tried.
No use extending validity when there is no availability.

Sucks.
Same for Belgium, but we are planning on taking a few extra weeks off from school with special 'parents vacation' and combined with Spring holiday, we should be able to go early March. We booked flights to Sydney, so still not sure if that will transpire. But we rebooked. Had to pay extra due to new flight class for my toddler (different season). That sucked, but reviving my plans has me happy for now.
Old May 22, 2021, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by kapsshah42
Based on the mail that the dates are extended upto 31 march, I called up local qatar airways contact centre to shift the dates to 2022.However I was informed the dates for travel are only till 30 sept only the ticket validity is extended upto 31st March.Has anyone managed to change the dates for travel post 30th Sept 2021?
So yes, this is incorrect. We have been able to rebook to 26 feb 2022. Good luck.
Old May 24, 2021, 8:39 am

Good luck to anyone who can find availability during school holidays.
No such luck out of the UK.
Old May 24, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
So I called seeing how the flights in August have been cancelled.
*Rebooking in W only (is there any way to find this??
*Until March 31
*No way to cancel and get the code resent to look on your own for options.

I may still try to salvage this and use it in March. But pretty sure will end up giving up on this.
Aston100 likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For invol. rebooking due to cancellation I would expect QR to rebook you regardless if W class is available (as long as there are seats available in the same cabin/Economy)

Did you inquire about voluntary rebooking? - if yes, W class needs to be present of course.
Old May 27, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
When using a voucher online there is only the option for one voucher per passenger. I have 2 per passenger. Is there a way to make this work without calling up?
Old May 27, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by kingcole974
When using a voucher online there is only the option for one voucher per passenger. I have 2 per passenger. Is there a way to make this work without calling up?
The rule is one per passenger. Calling them won't help.
Old May 29, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
For invol. rebooking due to cancellation I would expect QR to rebook you regardless if W class is available (as long as there are seats available in the same cabin/Economy)

Did you inquire about voluntary rebooking? - if yes, W class needs to be present of course.
So I can confirm this is the case. I had my flight cancelled, supposed to be today, and rebooked for 9th April 2022, which would've been peak time as it is in school holidays.
It also seems they have extended the 31MAR22 deadline. I had to ask the Facebook team to double check this so make sure you ask the customer support team to do the same if they offer you flights only up until 31st March.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Sean Richard
So I can confirm this is the case. I had my flight cancelled, supposed to be today, and rebooked for 9th April 2022, which would've been peak time as it is in school holidays.
It also seems they have extended the 31MAR22 deadline. I had to ask the Facebook team to double check this so make sure you ask the customer support team to do the same if they offer you flights only up until 31st March.
apparently extended until 31st May 2022.
Old May 30, 2021, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aston100
apparently extended until 31st May 2022.
can I get rebooked onto dates in late May after getting an invol. change for the ticket in Feb? do I have to call? can I do this online?
Old May 30, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do I understand you correctly? You already (invol) rebooked your flights to Feb 2022 and now you want to (voluntary) rebook again for May 2022?

If you already rebooked for Feb 2022, you will not be allowed to (invol) rebook again unless there is a cancellation or significant change to your Feb 2022 flights. You need W class to be available and rely on QR goodwill rebooking policy.

If I was you I would wait for a cancellation or significant retiming of your Feb 2022 flights (is very likely, just give it some time) which will allow you to (invol) rebook again.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:52 am

Do I understand you correctly? You already (invol) rebooked your flights to Feb 2022 and now you want to (voluntary) rebook again for May 2022?

If you already rebooked for Feb 2022, you will not be allowed to (invol) rebook again unless there is a cancellation or significant change to your Feb 2022 flights. You need W class to be available and rely on QR goodwill rebooking policy.

If I was you I would wait for a cancellation or significant retiming of your Feb 2022 flights (is very likely, just give it some time) which will allow you to (invol) rebook again.
no, i booked for FEB22 after i got a new voucher (old one was cancelled like 3 months ago) - it popped up in my mailbox. now i got a cancellation.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK - got it. Then you should be able to change for free to May 2022. However, just give it some time before you call; there is plenty of time until May 2022 so no urgency at all.

You have to call; you can't rebook online.
Old May 31, 2021, 11:11 am

OK - got it. Then you should be able to change for free to May 2022. However, just give it some time before you call; there is plenty of time until May 2022 so no urgency at all.

You have to call; you can't rebook online.
doesnt QR autoaccept changes after a while?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.