Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21000 complimentary tickets - world teachers day

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2020, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience trying to reschedule their travel, now that they've revamped the travel classes (economy flexi, comfort and classic in place of the flexi value saver promo hierarchy), and that W class has been scrapped (from the qcalculator at least).

Under the book with confidence policy, flights can be rescheduled for free given the fare class (W) remains the same, interested to see how this plays out on our tickets.
W Class is still there on the QCalculator for me, but without a categorisation so must surely be there for a reason?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver ITA Premium
Originally Posted by peter10
Does anyone have a copy of the fare rules or know how to access them?

Peter10
I'm interested in this as well. Booked AMS - KUL with one 'free' and one companion ticket for April this year, which will not happen. Seems like a waste of money (approx EUR 500) if the travel period is not extended. Are there more people around here with the same problem?. The health care workers might get a well deserved extension for their promo tickets, although Qatar is not very clear about this well. I know we took a risk booking this last October,however if Qatar doesn't do anything for us at all, it leaves a bad taste.. ..
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:05 am

I'm no longer able to make any flight changes online. The option to change flights has disappeared.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:15 am

My BHX > KUL return flights at end of May / Early June have been cancelled.
Been automatically rerouted via MAN instead.
Took 80 mins to get through on the UK contact number.
Was advised I still need to have completed my travel by end of Sept 2021.
Can be rerouted from any UK airport and on any dates before end of Sept 2021 without additional fees and charges. Apparently, don't need availability in W or N classes (which my tickets were booked into).
Can change destination but have to pay fare difference.
It seems BHX has been dropped for the whole of this year.
Interesting that they are still intending to fly out of MAN and LHR to South East Asia at end of May.

Not pleased, given teachers (in the UK) have a limited range of dates they can go on holiday. I've already got 3 weeks booked elsewhere in the summer so I need these tickets to be useable at Xmas or next year.
Perhaps they will push the usability dates back by a year as they did for the medical professionals promo this week.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Silver ITA Premium
Just cancelled our tickets to KUL as I don't think this will be possible before the end of September. According the info in the healthcare promo thread. I don't believe QR will extend the validity after September especially when the tickets are already issued, The good news is we get a full cash refund, so not just taxes, which is important for the 50% companion ticket. The QR lady said this is part of the current T & C and this might change in the future. So if you're sure you will not be able to use your ticket maybe this is an option for you as well.

Hope some of you had better luck in choosing a suitable destination. Well.at least it was nice to think about the possibility of travelling to a sunny place during these dark months!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:52 pm

Given that QR will shortly be unable to bring passengers into the UK, and given large parts of the world remain inaccessible to many people, I wonder if QR will now extend the validity of these teacher tickets.

Thanks to lots of posts and talk of a potential petition, the health care professionals managed to get QR to extend those tickets by a year.
I hope QR act proactively to avoid a repeat of that with the teacher promo, especially given that teachers are far more limited in when they can travel / take holidays.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:26 pm

My June flight from Tokyo Haneda has been cancelled, I’ve been moved to leaving the next day but it causes a misconnect for my next flight. I am going to pop into the local Qatar Airways office today to see if they can move my ticket to September. Will update. I do have one question. If I return / leave my destination on September 30. The connecting flight back to Tokyo would leaveDoha on October 1. The validity of the ticket as of now is September 30. Will this be a problem? Thoughts welcome.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:51 pm

I'm hoping they just reissue the free ticket codes. I booked out of LAX but am based in SEA. Would be great to be able to fly direct out of SEA on the new SEA-DOH flight.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 10:49 pm

Update

Went to the office but I wasn’t allowed in coz of new COVID regulations. Called them and they were aware of my ticket being a teachers ticket. They changed the dates to September without fuss. Had to leave on 29 September and not the 30th to keep to the rules of the ticket. Lady said she’d email me the new itinerary today, tomorrow at the latest. Very smooth.
Extra. Ticket has now been reissued in Y. Able to select good seats at no extra charge. Result.

Last edited by peter10; Mar 17, 2021 at 2:09 am
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:01 am

Went to the office but I wasn’t allowed in coz of new COVID regulations. Called them and they were aware of my ticket being a teachers ticket. They changed the dates to September without fuss. Had to leave on 29 September and not the 30th to keep to the rules of the ticket. Lady said she’d email me the new itinerary today, tomorrow at the latest. Very smooth.
Extra. Ticket has now been reissued in Y. Able to select good seats at no extra charge. Result.
I was told on the phone that I need to board the plane and depart my destination (and not Doha surprisingly) by 30th September, but can land back in the UK the next day. i.e. the return journey home needs to have commenced before the end of day 30th September. The fact that the end of day can be many hours different across the world didn't seem to be an issue for the QR phone agent.
I'm not totally convinced.
But regardless, it would be better if they can just extend the validity for a year, or as said above, re-issue the code.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:20 pm

What phone line did you call? I've tried a couple times and they always tell me that it has to be re-booked in W -- which there is no space.

EDIT: Just called again today -- in the USA 1 312 392 3679 - they had no problem rebooking me on any dates and even changing the departure city! Still booked in W.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Mar 17, 2021 at 7:51 pm
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
What phone line did you call? I've tried a couple times and they always tell me that it has to be re-booked in W -- which there is no space.

EDIT: Just called again today -- in the USA 1 312 392 3679 - they had no problem rebooking me on any dates and even changing the departure city! Still booked in W.
How did they find W availability on the dates that you could not when you looked?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Had an awful experience with this. Booked my free ticket and 50% code for my wife, ORD-DOH-MLE back in October. It was very challenging to find W fare availability, but we finally did after searching for a month or so. We live in MCI, so had to reposition to Chicago, no biggie. My ticket was $100 in taxes, my wife's was $850. Seemed like a good deal.

Arrived at airport 2 hours ++ before flight. Checkin was a hot disorganized mess, but eventually got to counter. All docs checked, then denied based on teacher ID not having school district logo and badge number on it. That is what we use in my district, though! Provided tons of other docs/photos/cards/paystubs showing my photo ID, badge ID, district credentials, but all unacceptable to cust svc agent and QR supervisor on duty.

Tried to reschedule but zero W fare availability through end of schedule according to agents in airport and on phone. Finally gave up and just asked for refund but was told $605 in fees ($405 for "no show" and $200 for "cancellation") per ticket first must be paid. We are also out $600 in fees from PH Maldives inter island flights, a car rental from ord-mci, and hotel costs. This was a nightmare and borderline scam by QR, as far as I'm concerned. No idea if there's any way to recover anything at this point, but we spent over $2k for a glorified weekend trip to Chicago at this point. Ugh.
Single_Flyer and Aston100 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by orca1114
Had an awful experience with this. Booked my free ticket and 50% code for my wife, ORD-DOH-MLE back in October. It was very challenging to find W fare availability, but we finally did after searching for a month or so. We live in MCI, so had to reposition to Chicago, no biggie. My ticket was $100 in taxes, my wife's was $850. Seemed like a good deal.

Arrived at airport 2 hours ++ before flight. Checkin was a hot disorganized mess, but eventually got to counter. All docs checked, then denied based on teacher ID not having school district logo and badge number on it. That is what we use in my district, though! Provided tons of other docs/photos/cards/paystubs showing my photo ID, badge ID, district credentials, but all unacceptable to cust svc agent and QR supervisor on duty.

Tried to reschedule but zero W fare availability through end of schedule according to agents in airport and on phone. Finally gave up and just asked for refund but was told $605 in fees ($405 for "no show" and $200 for "cancellation") per ticket first must be paid. We are also out $600 in fees from PH Maldives inter island flights, a car rental from ord-mci, and hotel costs. This was a nightmare and borderline scam by QR, as far as I'm concerned. No idea if there's any way to recover anything at this point, but we spent over $2k for a glorified weekend trip to Chicago at this point. Ugh.
That is awful.
Do you have any recourse through your credit card?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by Aston100
That is awful.
Do you have any recourse through your credit card?
I started paperwork for trip cancellation insurance on CSR. However, officially, QR logs this as a no-show, because they are saying my documentation was insufficient (c'mon, guys). I don't think it will be a successful claim without a different perspective from QR, as the insurance will require a statement from the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.