Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dishonesty of Qatar Airways. Escalate?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2020, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Dishonesty of Qatar Airways. Escalate?

So I received an email telling me my flight to East Asia was canceled due to COVID and one of the suggested 4 alternative destinations is in East Africa. In the email it clearly says that I can request to change my original ticket to these new destinations "free of charge." However, when contacted QA rep, he claimed that the rules are change within 5000 radius. This is trivial since in the email I received it was clear that they offered those alternative destinations for free.

More importantly. My reservation was through the healthcare promo which I remember is a special reservation and doesn't follow the 5000 radius rule.

Am I missing something here? Any suggestions on how escalate this? I tried both Twitter and phone call
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:40 am

You need to tell the agent that there are different conditions for health care promo tickets. If your ticket was canceled then you can choose ANY Qatar operated flight up to 31st of March 2021 (last inbound).

Here is the link to the conditions:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...id=EMALL142210
mlqsko and good_boy_1234 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dazeq
You need to tell the agent that there are different conditions for health care promo tickets. If your ticket was canceled then you can choose ANY Qatar operated flight up to 31st of March 2021 (last inbound).

Here is the link to the conditions:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...id=EMALL142210
Thank you! I called again with the same answer of 5000 radius...after one hour over the phone and escalating it to the supervisor I was able to change it! Finally!
quinzinho and Dazeq like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.