Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Avios booking, not on BAEC and canít select seats

Old Sep 17, 20, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this should be in the BA forum, but I’ve booked a QR flight using BA Avios via the BA website, but;

1) the booking doesn’t appear on the BAEC website, I can’t add it as the booking ‘doesn’t include a BA flight”, is that correct? I’ve got CX bookings that don’t include BA flights so doesn’t seem right to me.

2) I can’t select seats on the QR website, the option just isn’t there on MMB, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

edit, the QR website is saying “There is no PNR in the shared Admadeus session (7710 - 15)”

Last edited by travellingjake; Sep 17, 20 at 2:25 am
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:31 am

1) Any booking made with BA (i.e. where you pay the money directly to BA) can appear on MMB on the BA website. Sometimes there is a timing issue due to BA staff not issuing the ticket (i.e. generating an e-ticket number) immediately. This is a frequent problem for me but the easy workaround is to access MMB using the Manage link on the website rather than calling up the list of all your bookings from your account page. I see the following bookings on the BA website for myself:
(i) Booking made with AMEX travel for a Qatar Airways booking (so PNR is generated by Qatar Airways) that also includes a flight operated by BA (Comair), albeit with a Qatar Airways flight number.
(ii) Booking made on Iberia website for an Iberia booking with all flights operated by BA, albeit with Iberia flight numbers.

2) Check whether your e-ticket number has been generated. You can ask BA to reconfirm the PNR to be used with Qatar Airways - should be the same PNR as on your BA booking receipt.

Last edited by Yanshuf; Sep 18, 20 at 1:35 pm
Old Sep 18, 20, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I can now see the booking on BAEC but I still can’t select seats on QR?
Old Sep 18, 20, 1:36 pm

Try another browser. Or call Qatar and ask them to book the seats for yu as you can't do it online (they won't charge you anything for this reason).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: