Doha Lounge - Transit

Old Sep 11, 20, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Doha Lounge - Transit

Hi, me again
Any changes to the lounge in Doha for those in transit? eg: are showers still available?
We're traveling J, no loyalty status to speak of.
Old Sep 11, 20, 7:42 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Showers still available, Al Mourjan dining turned from buffet to table service, large bottles of Aqua Panna changed to 500ml bottles to Evian
IamOmni likes this.
Old Sep 11, 20, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
Showers still available, Al Mourjan dining turned from buffet to table service, large bottles of Aqua Panna changed to 500ml bottles to Evian
Thank you
Old Sep 11, 20, 9:15 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
When did it turn to table service; yes the dining resort ( sandwich area ) had turned to table service; however, the restaurant was still a buffet on 27 August, although, the chefs plated the food for you, you just told them what you want.

By the way, I've also noticed the Evian 500ml bottles, I guess as an interim they were using 1,5L Evian bottles during July but now they are providing individual bottles to everyone.
Old Sep 12, 20, 5:10 am

What's the sparkling water situation?
Old Sep 12, 20, 6:31 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by lawyered View Post
What's the sparkling water situation?
Same as before, so 1.5l bottles of San Pellegrino
Old Sep 13, 20, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, OWE
Is everyone with any lounge access still being fed in to Al Mourjan, or are Al Safwa/status lounges back online?

If so, has this made it any busier or are travel numbers down enough that it's not a problem? (and I presume despite the talk of water and food, the full bar and coffee etc are all still available?)
Old Sep 13, 20, 8:59 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Yes, everyone is being directed to Al Mourjan.

During my visits in July and August, the lounge was empty overnight, however, it got a bit crowded during the AM ( morning ) rush. However, still the restaurant was a bit crowded and the seating area downstairs had plenty of empty seats.

And yes, the full bar offerings and coffee/tea selections are still there.
Old Sep 13, 20, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by drwook View Post
Is everyone with any lounge access still being fed in to Al Mourjan, or are Al Safwa/status lounges back online?

If so, has this made it any busier or are travel numbers down enough that it's not a problem? (and I presume despite the talk of water and food, the full bar and coffee etc are all still available?)
I was there from roughly 4am to 6:30am on the 11th, very empty at 4am, the number of people increased gradually towards 6:30am but nothing that was crowded, plenty of open seats without even having to sit close to anyone else.
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
When did it turn to table service; yes the dining resort ( sandwich area ) had turned to table service; however, the restaurant was still a buffet on 27 August, although, the chefs plated the food for you, you just told them what you want.
I visited yesterday and the restaurant was a hybrid of attended buffet and a la carte. But the a la carte main dishes seemed to be very similar to (if not the same as) the hot dishes being served by the chef at the buffet. There was also a sushi bar with 4 or 5 options to choose from and they bring it to your table. After a very boring/mediocre experience on TK 2 weeks ago, the QR transit through DOH was so wonderful
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
I visited yesterday and the restaurant was a hybrid of attended buffet and a la carte. But the a la carte main dishes seemed to be very similar to (if not the same as) the hot dishes being served by the chef at the buffet. There was also a sushi bar with 4 or 5 options to choose from and they bring it to your table. After a very boring/mediocre experience on TK 2 weeks ago, the QR transit through DOH was so wonderful
Thank you,
I'm very curious to try the a-la-carte menu at Al Mourjan soon, although my next layover in DOH is 2h20mins, I am not sure if I would have time.
Old Sep 16, 20, 10:53 am

can you buy access to al safa?
Old Sep 16, 20, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by bdubs7 View Post
can you buy access to al safa?
You were able to earlier this year, but as it's currently closed you can't now.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
You were able to earlier this year, but as it's currently closed you can't now.

bummer thanks
Old Sep 16, 20, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Thank you,
I'm very curious to try the a-la-carte menu at Al Mourjan soon, although my next layover in DOH is 2h20mins, I am not sure if I would have time.
You should have time if you are not delayed.

Our layover was 10h5m (16:00-02:05) so we booked a room at the transit hotel to have a mask-free rest area (well, rest for wife and work calls for me). We went to the Al-Mourjan twice, once at 18:00 and again at 01:00, just to use the restaurant. The first time, we spent 20-25 minutes and then I had a massage at the transit hotel (the pool & spa are back open by the way, it was really a great experience at the transit hotel and we were upgraded from Executive Suite to Presidential Suite by chance). The second time we arrived at 01:07 and left by 01:20 (also our boarding time) to head to the gate -- still plenty of time to have a plate of hot food from the buffet. On the way in, the agent asked if we were aware of our boarding time but it was no problem to enter <15 minutes before boarding.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: