Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last Minute Plane Swap - Recourse?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Last Minute Plane Swap - Recourse?

DOH-JRO was seated in business on 787 aisle, lay flat access and after my travel commenced from USA was swapped to 320.

Any compensation historically? AA award ticket.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
There is no compensation for aircraft swaps (anywhere in the world?) since it's not a guarantee.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No. These are annoying (especially for this length of flight) but not uncommon occurrences. The method of payment is not relevant.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
No compensation, however, most likely the A320 taking you to JRO would have lie-flat seats in Business Class.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:07 am
R2

FWIW, A320 C class with flat beds is not bad at all, especially if you have a vacant seat next to you. Ask for row 1 at check-in; it has a bit more legroom.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:09 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No compensation, however, most likely the A320 taking you to JRO would have lie-flat seats in Business Class.
It's been a year since I've been in and out of that area, but most likely it is an A320 with recliners, not flat bed. There are a few A320 with the same seats as you find in A330, but they mostly don't get used to JRO.

As always, things might be different these days, but at least pre-crazy days the above was the case.

-A
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
It's been a year since I've been in and out of that area, but most likely it is an A320 with recliners, not flat bed. There are a few A320 with the same seats as you find in A330, but they mostly don't get used to JRO.

As always, things might be different these days, but at least pre-crazy days the above was the case.

-A
Lookng at GF for the next couple of months it is showing a mixture of B787 and A320's on this route. All the A320 are shown as having lie flat seats.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ph-ndr

-A
Most of the "small" destinations using lie-flat A320 pre-covid are not served anymore.
These birds have been reassigned to other longhaul destinations.
Hence, the past is not very useful for the present.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The A320 that operated to Kilimanjaro, the last two times was A7-AHP which is equipped with the lie-flat seats in Business Class.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
Most of the "small" destinations using lie-flat A320 pre-covid are not served anymore.
These birds have been reassigned to other longhaul destinations.
Hence, the past is not very useful for the present.
Hence why I pointed out that my information was old.

-A
Old Sep 17, 2020, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by robdls
DOH-JRO was seated in business on 787 aisle, lay flat access and after my travel commenced from USA was swapped to 320.

Any compensation historically? AA award ticket.
Very much doubt QR would give you any compensation as aircraft changes on QR are extremely common

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.