Negative PCR Clarification:

Old Sep 18, 20, 4:36 am

Programs: AA CK, EK Platinum
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88 View Post
I haven't been able to get an answer as what is required as "proof" does a website printout suffice? Most tests delivered electronically. Or do I have to pay some travel clinic $$$$ for a silly 'certificate'
Be ready to have it printed out with your name and passport number on it.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 20, 12:56 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat
Here is my report of my ZRH-DOH-MLE flight on September 12.

I got my PCR negative result in less than 24h from the local hospital. A letter was given, with a stamp and a signature, with my name and DOB, no passport information at all.

At check-in, they ask to see the QR code from the Maldives immigration site. You need to do that within 24h of the departure flight (first leg of your travel). i then presented my PCR certificate and that's when everything went South. One of the attendant, who is walking around from check-in desk to another, is saying that my certificate is not enough, that I need to provide the lab test results. I told them this is crazy as their website is saying "negative PCR test result", not lab report..... so basically, what they didn't like about my certificate is that it did not show the time of the test.... just the date. my test was less than 48h old so I said that it didn't matter whether they had the time stamp or not as it would fall within the 72h requirement. But no, they asked me to call the hospital (on a Saturday)....
I called them got redirected a few times and being told that "this is the pre-travel certificate we have been issuing for weeks and we never heard anyone having issues with it".... so either the QR attendant was on a power-trip or thinking she knew something nobody else knew, or the hospital was wrong.

It was a pain in the backside to get the lab results because, as per privacy and safety measures, they could not email these. They would only mail them or they can be picked up at the hospital with ID.
I begged them and they finally agreed to email it to my private email. Which I then forwarded to QR Zurich and they printed it out.... I really thought I would not be able to board.

In the Maldives, nothing is asked....
On the departure date, you have to re-register on the immigration site to get a new QR code for leaving the country. That's it.

Just flew back yesterday.
Old Sep 22, 20, 1:50 am

I'm glad Centogene is providing a PCR test results with passport numbers, time stamps and doctors certificate (for a fee), so one can be assured to have no such hassles when traveling abroad. Not sure whether it was a power trip or simply the reality we have to accept right now.
Old Sep 22, 20, 6:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ckx2 View Post
Be ready to have it printed out with your name and passport number on it.
Is this true? My company opened our own testing facility so we have our own portal that logs our tests which we get regularly but it does not have my passport number. Why would they think any lab does this by default?!?

also can I show them our online portal or do I need a physical paper print out of the result?
Old Sep 22, 20, 7:57 am

I am simply saying to come prepared. Based on what I have witnessed, Emirates requires a personal identification as part of the negative test results. That's why a lot of test centers in the EU provide this service.
Old Sep 23, 20, 7:32 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat
I'd have it printed out just in case but you don't need a passport number or ID number on it. My PCR certificate only had the full name and address of the facility, signature and stamp on them. My details only had my full name and date of birth.
Old Sep 23, 20, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by enelym1978 View Post
I'd have it printed out just in case but you don't need a passport number or ID number on it. My PCR certificate only had the full name and address of the facility, signature and stamp on them. My details only had my full name and date of birth.
Thanks for the info. I really hate this 'certificate' word that keeps getting used. Makes it sound like you need a something stamped with a gold seal and signed by a department of health official . Really just seems to be a standard lab report required
Old Sep 27, 20, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
LA County's results portal won't show the address of the Lab. sigh. The Healthvana folks did, however, add an update to enable one to only print the latest result page and now it shows the Testing Lab Name.
Old Sep 30, 20, 4:15 pm

Agents at CDG checked for Lab results with passport numbers included, hotel reservation (to match with the ministry of maldives list), QR code and proof of health insurance for overseas. Couple of people have been denied at check in.
Old Sep 30, 20, 4:40 pm

Agents at CDG checked for Lab results with passport numbers included, hotel reservation (to match with the ministry of maldives list), QR code and proof of health insurance for overseas. Couple of people have been denied at check in.
I am assuming this was specific to MLE bound passengers?
Old Sep 30, 20, 6:21 pm

Programs: OWE, *G
The PCR test result needs to have passport number too?! Does it need to be time stamped, or is date enough?
Old Sep 30, 20, 6:48 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Andrew35K View Post
The PCR test result needs to have passport number too?! Does it need to be time stamped, or is date enough?
I wouldn't recommend trying to head to Male without a test time stamped and with Passport number on it. Not saying I'm 100% sure they are required, but my personal experience in the U.S was that they scrutinized everything. It was 5 minutes to get to the check in counter and 30 minutes verifying every minute detail.
Old Sep 30, 20, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
Thanks for the info. I really hate this 'certificate' word that keeps getting used. Makes it sound like you need a something stamped with a gold seal and signed by a department of health official . Really just seems to be a standard lab report required
While in the context of entry to Indonesia that's exactly what the certificate means, in addition to the lab results printout. Wish everyone could agree on a format haha
Old Oct 2, 20, 2:13 am

Believe me. The check in agents are as overwhelmed and confused as well. You don't want to be in their position either. I'd rather come over prepared when flying these days. Especially to Maldives or other countries with govt regulations.
fotoflyer88, Cat88L3 and crackjack like this.
Old Oct 3, 20, 12:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Southwest, UA Silver
Believe me. The check in agents are as overwhelmed and confused as well. You don't want to be in their position either. I'd rather come over prepared when flying these days. Especially to Maldives or other countries with govt regulations.
Exactly my plan. Does no good to be arguing with the gate agent with no time to fix things
Cat88L3 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: