Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Award Availability from DOH-MLE in Early October

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Availability from DOH-MLE in Early October

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Hi everyone, i booked an award ticket in which we fly Jfk-Doh in business and DOH-MLE in coach.
Did these have to be separate bookings?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by gbenrus25
Did these have to be separate bookings?
If you can find one leg in business and one in economy, you should be able to book it on the same ticket. It may require some HUCA though (took me 2-3 HUCA). The agent referred to it as a business class booking with a voluntary downgrade to economy.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:55 pm

Wrong thread

Last edited by joecool1885; Oct 8, 2020 at 6:08 am
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Hopped on dive boat yesterday with wife (she dives, I snorkel). They took us out to manta point, about 45 minutes from the resort. I was just gonna hang on the boat, but after they were underwater for a few minutes, some snorkelers showed up, then more snorkelers showed up, then more. (I think with our boat there were a total of 5 boats).
So I jumped in. 6 mantas total.
Wrong thread?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:57 pm

Been searching several times a day for a month both my outbound and return flight are mixed class hoping that both DOH-MLE and MLE-DOH segments open up in J last minute for end of October early November. Any one else had luck finding availability?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by turtlelurker
Been searching several times a day for a month both my outbound and return flight are mixed class hoping that both DOH-MLE and MLE-DOH segments open up in J last minute for end of October early November. Any one else had luck finding availability?
I'd plan to suck it up. Spent $350ish on the airport hotel on the way to Male, and kicked it in the business lounge on the return.
The flight to/from MLE is small potatoes, IMO. You've got the air vents, food is decent, and once you do the walk of shame past the Qsuites, you'll be fine.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:42 pm

I'd plan to suck it up. Spent $350ish on the airport hotel on the way to Male, and kicked it in the business lounge on the return.
The flight to/from MLE is small potatoes, IMO. You've got the air vents, food is decent, and once you do the walk of shame past the Qsuites, you'll be fine.
Yeah thats the my worse case scenario. But according to others on the lounge thread I should have access to the lounge since my layover is like 9 hours long which is great. Being in mixed class is just making it difficult to process the infant ticket on my AA award through Qatar.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:49 pm

Yeah thats the my worse case scenario. But according to others on the lounge thread I should have access to the lounge since my layover is like 9 hours long which is great. Being in mixed class is just making it difficult to process the infant ticket on my AA award through Qatar.
On the way to MLE I didn't think we had access. The tickets to the next flight specified economy, and one agent told us that wouldn't qualify. But you can always give it a shot, maybe I was misinformed. On the return flight you'll definitely have access. We got into DOH at 11ish, had a midnight meal at the J lounge, and then passed out until 5 A.M when we had breakfast and then went to our connecting flight (breakfast was unnecessary since they serve it on the plane).
Old Oct 18, 2020, 8:04 pm

On the way to MLE I didn't think we had access. The tickets to the next flight specified economy, and one agent told us that wouldn't qualify. But you can always give it a shot, maybe I was misinformed. On the return flight you'll definitely have access. We got into DOH at 11ish, had a midnight meal at the J lounge, and then passed out until 5 A.M when we had breakfast and then went to our connecting flight (breakfast was unnecessary since they serve it on the plane).
In case it helps someone else this is the information I was given:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DOH
  • Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
    • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
    • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
    • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:17 am

In case it helps someone else this is the information I was given:
Yes, it helps me be insanely frustrated that I spent $350ish on the airport hotel when I could've had free food and kicked it in the J lounge ;-)

Live and learn, I guess. Though we wouldn't have had the same cool adventures wandering the airport, shopping duty free, and sipping an oreo milkshake at a restaurant had we known we could go straight to the business lounge and pass out. So lose some, win some. And I at least got to enjoy it on the return.
turtlelurker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.