Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did the DOH-YYZ flight drop off the Map?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Did the DOH-YYZ flight drop off the Map?

Anybody know what has happened to the Doha - Toronto flights?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:53 am

They only operated in July. Presumably Air Canada pulled a few strings to get it cancelled. Or, perhaps QR was banking on open borders which didn't happen and loads were too light to make it worthwhile.

The above is only reasonable speculation, I have no evidence to back either of these guesses up
Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
They only operated in July. Presumably Air Canada pulled a few strings to get it cancelled. Or, perhaps QR was banking on open borders which didn't happen and loads were too light to make it worthwhile.

The above is only reasonable speculation, I have no evidence to back either of these guesses up
flights were upgraded to 77W in 2nd half of JUL so looks QR is able to fill up the flights, sounds like first reason to me.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:08 am

Anyone have updates if DOH-YYZ flight is cancelled permanently? Could operate DOH-YUL-YYZ (QR763/764)?
Old Oct 4, 2020, 10:51 am

"Qatar's bilateral agreement with Canada is maxed out with 4x weekly frequencies a week, currently all being used for YUL. They received extra-bilateral approval to operate 3x weekly service to YYZ for the month of July only. Hence why the flights are no longer bookable. QR should have never advertised the new route in the first place. Fake news, so to speak, as it's not a new route, just a temporary permission, due to COVID. Yes, the flights were bookable online, but QR made it seem like the route was a permanent addition. It isn't. Air India has received the same kind of approval for YVR service in July, yet they never announced it as a new route."
mileageking likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Protectionism of AC strikes again
Too bad, because the more alternatives to the garbage that AC is, the better
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:28 pm

Qatar Airways, Air Canada ‘codeshare deal’ explained

Sadly no QR metal on DOH-YYZ-DOH. Would have loved to see QR operate DOH-YUL-YYZ

Qatar Airways and Air Canada have finalised a codeshare agreement for travel between the two countries, with the first codeshare flight set to operate from December 15.

The agreement aims to boost Canada’s global connectivity in an effort to support the recovery of tourism and trade, which have particularly struggled amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“We are delighted to secure this strategic codeshare agreement with Air Canada to provide our travellers with a seamless journey to and from Toronto with excellence in state-of-the-art and sustainable aircraft, safety, comfort, and onboard service,” said Akbar Al Baker, Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive.
https://www.dohanews.co/qatar-airway...eal-explained/
Old Nov 20, 2020, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Sadly no QR metal on DOH-YYZ-DOH. Would have loved to see QR operate DOH-YUL-YYZ

https://www.dohanews.co/qatar-airway...eal-explained/
i'm booked on this flight (AC58) for early feb, definitely would prefer if it was operated by QR but the fares for February at least are crazy cheap
Old Nov 22, 2020, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oreomilkshake
i'm booked on this flight (AC58) for early feb, definitely would prefer if it was operated by QR but the fares for February at least are crazy cheap
Since AC deosnt refund cancelled flights. It makes sense for them to sell very cheap tickets on flights that will probably not fly anyway.
Free money for them.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Since AC deosnt refund cancelled flights. It makes sense for them to sell very cheap tickets on flights that will probably not fly anyway.
Free money for them.
wait sorry i'm not a frequent flyer or anything, what do you mean by that? are they planning not to fly this route?
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wait sorry i'm not a frequent flyer or anything, what do you mean by that? are they planning not to fly this route?
They have dozens of routes on the schedule now that they will never fly (look at DXB restart plans that have been cancelled like 10x)

But anyway, many airlines have over ambitious schedules for the future, and will cancel flights.

Difference is AC will not give your money back. And they always cancel very close in.

DOH may or may not start up, but I would not give AC any money, unless one is ready to never see it again
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:15 am

They have dozens of routes on the schedule now that they will never fly (look at DXB restart plans that have been cancelled like 10x)

But anyway, many airlines have over ambitious schedules for the future, and will cancel flights.

Difference is AC will not give your money back. And they always cancel very close in.

DOH may or may not start up, but I would not give AC any money, unless one is ready to never see it again
welp... i already booked through expedia, hope they end up going through with this route especially now that they announced the codesharing partnership with QR
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
welp... i already booked through expedia, hope they end up going through with this route especially now that they announced the codesharing partnership with QR
As mentioned by AAB, this is a "strategic codeshare agreement". QR will try to make it work to feed flights from DOH.
But it is still uncertain.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:20 pm

Quick question, I was looking over my booking and saw that my ticket number starts with 157. Doesn't this mean that the ticket is issued by Qatar Airways?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Quick question, I was looking over my booking and saw that my ticket number starts with 157. Doesn't this mean that the ticket is issued by Qatar Airways?
Yes, it does mean that the ticket is issued by QR.

By the way, I just checked that some transatlantic Business Class routes are much cheaper when flying DOH-YYZ-XXX on AC stock rather than DOH-XXX or DOH-DFW/ORD/PHL-XXX on QR stock. The JV AC/LH/UA fares are available on some routes, but the carrier surcharge is much higher if you prefer to do the detour from Doha.
oreomilkshake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.