Did the DOH-YYZ flight drop off the Map?

Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, it does mean that the ticket is issued by QR.

By the way, I just checked that some transatlantic Business Class routes are much cheaper when flying DOH-YYZ-XXX on AC stock rather than DOH-XXX or DOH-DFW/ORD/PHL-XXX on QR stock. The JV AC/LH/UA fares are available on some routes, but the carrier surcharge is much higher if you prefer to do the detour from Doha.
weird... only 1/5 of the flights on my ticket are QR operated.. does this mean that AC can't just run off with my money if they cancel the route?
Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by oreomilkshake
weird... only 1/5 of the flights on my ticket are QR operated.. does this mean that AC can't just run off with my money if they cancel the route?
Where did you purchase the ticket? ( Air Canada website, QR website, OTA, etc... )
oreomilkshake likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:04 am

Where did you purchase the ticket? ( Air Canada website, QR website, OTA, etc... )
OTA, through Expedia for TD
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
OK, so during a refund or cancellation, your primary contact would be Expedia.
Expedia would get the money from Qatar Airways and you would get your money back from Expedia in case of a cancellation.

QR is currently processing refunds so the situation should not be painful.

By the way, it's highly likely that AC would start their x3 weekly DOH-YYZ service as there is a demand for these flights.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:10 am

Expedia would get the money from Qatar Airways and you would get your money back from Expedia in case of a cancellation.

By the way, it's highly likely that AC would start their x3 weekly DOH-YYZ service as there is a demand for these flights.
awesome, thank you so much for clearing that up
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

awesome, thank you so much for clearing that up
You're welcome
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
AC is selling tickets to YYZ// DOH/ BOM.
AC Metal YYZ / DOH.
QR Metal DOH / BOM
1 Stop - 20hr 20 hours (arriving 14 - Jan)
02:30
Toronto
Mumbai (Bombay)
DOH
+ 4hr10m 4 hours 10 minutes
AC 058
QR 556
Includes travel operated by Qatar Airways

Return flight

Thursday, March 18th, 2021
Mumbai (Bombay), IN (BOM) - Toronto, CA (YYZ)
Change flight
04:00
1 Stop - 21hr55m 21 hours 55 minutes
16:25
Mumbai (Bombay)
Toronto
DOH
+ 3hr25m 3 hours 25 minutes
QR 557
AC 059
Includes travel operated by Qatar Airways

Last edited by mgn2000; Nov 30, 2020 at 10:29 am Reason: Posted wrong information please delete
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC

As a general point and to expand on what ISTFlyer has correctly said, buying a flight ticket through another company is generally be avoided because it puts another company between you and the airline. Your contract is with the OTA, and all adminstration of the ticket before you fly has to be with them. The terms and conditions of the OTA also apply as well as any service fees they might want to levy for their services to make changes or process refunds on your behalf.

The OTA market is generally in a race to the bottom, with wafer thin margins, there is little or no money left for customer services and these either suffer or come at an added cost.

There are cases when using an OTA is an advantage; mainly to build packages or journeys you can't easily build yourself online, or because of a company policy. And not all OTAs are terrible, but an increasing number are reticent to help after the initial sale without payment for their time and resource.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
As a general point and to expand on what ISTFlyer has correctly said, buying a flight ticket through another company is generally be avoided because it puts another company between you and the airline. Your contract is with the OTA, and all adminstration of the ticket before you fly has to be with them. The terms and conditions of the OTA also apply as well as any service fees they might want to levy for their services to make changes or process refunds on your behalf.

The OTA market is generally in a race to the bottom, with wafer thin margins, there is little or no money left for customer services and these either suffer or come at an added cost.

There are cases when using an OTA is an advantage; mainly to build packages or journeys you can't easily build yourself online, or because of a company policy. And not all OTAs are terrible, but an increasing number are reticent to help after the initial sale without payment for their time and resource.
usually i'd book directly with the airline but in this case booking through expedia saved me $1200 compared to what the airline was charging
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
usually i'd book directly with the airline but in this case booking through expedia saved me $1200 compared to what the airline was charging
Fair enough, that's a good discount!
Fingers crossed...
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
Fair enough, that's a good discount!
Fingers crossed...
Yeah i was really crossing my fingers that everything would go to plan but now that I know my ticket is a QR issued ticket i finally have some peace of mind
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:43 am

DOH-YUL frequency increases from 4 to 7 weekly by 25 Feb 2021

Qatar Airways Increases Flights to Montréal (ftnnews.com)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.