September schedule

Old Aug 15, 20, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
September schedule

Apparently QR has not updated many schedules from 31 August onwards.
I have a flight on 31 August and it seems obvious that it will be changed if one looks at schedules up to 30 August.
Any guess as to when that will be updated?
Old Aug 15, 20, 3:27 am

I have 4 flights between 1-3 Sept, all of which currently show as operating but 2 of which cannot operate due to border closures.

On previous experience over the past few months I would expect to receive the cancellation notice between now and a week before scheduled travel. There have been occasional reports on here of later cancellations though.

Also in my experience, flights can show as cancelled in the Flight Status query function on the QR website before they do in MMB or emails are sent out. You can call and make involuntary changes as soon as Flight Status shows cancelled, but I think that only lists live data for around 5 days before departure.
Old Aug 15, 20, 7:20 am

I've already had a flight in October cancelled and automatically rebooked. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Just a data point showing that not all cancellations are last minute.
Old Aug 17, 20, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
QR has now updated my Aug 31 and September schedule. Very inconvenient schedule.
Old Aug 31, 20, 6:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
How far in advance do they usually update schedules? I'm looking at flights in late October, just after the winter schedule starts. Is what I find online just hit-or-miss, or will they have reviewed October flights already?
Old Aug 31, 20, 9:22 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
I'm looking at flights in late October, just after the winter schedule starts. Is what I find online just hit-or-miss, or will they have reviewed October flights already?
I'm pretty sure they haven't updated their Winter schedule yet.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 20, 9:23 pm

Deleted
Old Aug 31, 20, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
How far in advance do they usually update schedules? I'm looking at flights in late October, just after the winter schedule starts. Is what I find online just hit-or-miss, or will they have reviewed October flights already?
I got a cancellation one day before the flight, so I'll presume it's reviewed constantly.
Old Sep 1, 20, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
I got a cancellation one day before the flight, so I'll presume it's reviewed constantly.
As suggested in the QR playing chicken thread, where there is a low chance of a flight happening they appear to be removing flights from sale a couple of weeks ahead, but not cancelling existing reservations for flights until the last moment.
Old Sep 1, 20, 1:12 pm

Programs: IB Platinum *A Gold
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
As suggested in the QR playing chicken thread, where there is a low chance of a flight happening they appear to be removing flights from sale a couple of weeks ahead, but not cancelling existing reservations for flights until the last moment.
I am supposed to be on a flight from GRU to DME tomorrow night. The DOH-DME leg is showing as cancelled (changed about 6 hours ago) in the app, but manage my booking is still suggesting the entire trip is confirmed. When I spoke to Qatar office to rebook I was told that apparently the trip is still confirmed, despite everyone being aware of the second leg having been cancelled at the eleventh hour. It will remain this way until "the system updates", whenever this happens! I am just wondering if I get the official cancellation before my first flight or after

Search this Thread
Search Engine: