QR playing chicken over cancellation

Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Actually, HUCA did the trick. The second agent processed my refund...
You were lucky, their usual policy for an invol change is that your schedule needs to be disrupted by >2hrs. The agent must have focused on the fact that the flight was cancelled.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
You were lucky, their usual policy for an invol change is that your schedule needs to be disrupted by >2hrs. The agent must have focused on the fact that the flight was cancelled.
I knew about the 2 hours in general. But didn't know it also applied if the original flight was cancelled, ie flight number changes, and they put you on another flight within 2 hrs.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by WeleaseBwian
Just had the email to say change of schedule.... 13 hours change to arrival time so I've now requested a refund based on a significant change being too inconvenient!
Update on this to give a data point on refund timescales...

3 working days from refund request to acceptance of cancellation - email states could be up to 28 days for payment to be made.
6 working days later refund appears on Amex card.

Pretty good really considering the global situation and some of the horror stories I've read about other airlines / travel companies etc.
WickedStepMother likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.