Covid-19 Voucher Validity

Old Jul 24, 20, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
Covid-19 Voucher Validity

Hello guys,

As most of you I had to cancel a flight I had in May LIS-DOH-WDH-DOH-LIS in J due to the Covid-19 situation and was able to get a voucher as a refund.

But after checking the current conditions of the covid-19 vouchers, I've noticed my voucher shows a validity of only 1-year, when QR clearly states they are valid for 2-years. I've already tried to get in touch with them through Twitter in order to get the vouchers corrected (they were issued on 30 March 2020 and supposedly after 23 of March they were already sending vouchers with a 2-year validity) but unfortunately they don't give me any feedback besides asking me more information that was already previously sent. I've also tried the Zen Desk but also no reply.

Is this something I should be worried or will they honor the published validity for all vouchers despite mine saying only 1-year?
Old Jul 25, 20, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
I asked about my voucher issued last May which was valid for 1 year they sent me a new voucher valid for 2 but I can't see anywhere on the new emd an expiration date
Old Aug 8, 20, 11:22 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
How long are they taking to issue vouchers these days?
Old Aug 25, 20, 3:48 am

Programs: None
Is the 2 year validity 2 years to use the voucher and make a booking (effectively giving up to 3 years to complete a trip) or do you have to book and fly within the 2 years?
Old Aug 25, 20, 4:55 am

Programs: QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by WeleaseBwian View Post
Is the 2 year validity 2 years to use the voucher and make a booking (effectively giving up to 3 years to complete a trip) or do you have to book and fly within the 2 years?
You just have to book within 2 years validity.
If you book flights that is cheaper than the voucher actual value, the remainder can be used for the next booking.
Old Aug 25, 20, 5:09 am
HB7

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Qantas FF, Etihad Guest.
Hi All,

Generally speaking, how long between the time you make the call to QR and the time you actually receive the voucher. The reason I ask is I have a flight booked to Australia in December which looks like it may not occur, so I have to cancel, get a voucher and re-book for 2021. If I find a decent price ticket for a period in 2021, and hold it for 72 hours (as QR allows you to do) - then call QR and request for the voucher, will I get it in time to book?
Old Aug 25, 20, 5:09 am
HB7

Also - one other question - can we request these vouchers online? Or does it have to be done over the phone?

Thanks all.
Old Aug 25, 20, 6:11 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, KL, QR, EY, KE, SQ, CX, PR
Originally Posted by HB7 View Post
Hi All,

Generally speaking, how long between the time you make the call to QR and the time you actually receive the voucher. The reason I ask is I have a flight booked to Australia in December which looks like it may not occur, so I have to cancel, get a voucher and re-book for 2021. If I find a decent price ticket for a period in 2021, and hold it for 72 hours (as QR allows you to do) - then call QR and request for the voucher, will I get it in time to book?
There are discussions here that you cannot use the voucher for flights booked in QR website (includes hold option).
Old Aug 25, 20, 6:15 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by HB7 View Post
Hi All,

how long between the time you make the call to QR and the time you actually receive the voucher.
IME it was just minutes after hanging up the call until receiving the EMD in my email.
Yes, you can use the voucher online, see https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...oucher-online-
Old Aug 25, 20, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, KL, QR, EY, KE, SQ, CX, PR
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
IME it was just minutes after hanging up the call until receiving the EMD in my email.
Yes, you can use the voucher online, see https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...oucher-online-
Good to know. Maybe I mixed things up with Emirates in terms of using the voucher online.
Old Aug 25, 20, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by arxxxx View Post
You just have to book within 2 years validity.
That's good news. Many thanks.
Old Aug 25, 20, 7:27 am

The bad news is that 2 weeks on a beach in Malaysia is about to disappear.
Old Aug 25, 20, 3:58 pm
HB7

Really? That can't be right surely???

Search this Thread
Search Engine: