Wiki Posts
Search

To merge PNR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
To merge PNR

Do you think I could have any possibility in to merge 2 separate Qatar air PNR into one (if booked separate PNR by British air award) if the flights had 3 hours connection in Doha ?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC
As they are PNRs issued by different airlines, it's unlikely they can merge them.

​​​​​​What do you think you will achieve by merging the PNRs - Qatar are quite happy to check you through on separate tickets.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
As they are PNRs issued by different airlines, it's unlikely they can merge them.

​​​​​​What do you think you will achieve by merging the PNRs - Qatar are quite happy to check you through on separate tickets.
they aren’t issued by different airlines

both are for Qatar flights, issued by BA as reward flights

Milan / Doha + Doha / Male

I could make just 1 PNR but BA Avios system doesn’t allow me to book the Milan / Doha in Business class + the Doha / Male in Economy class (there aren’t business class seats available as reward ticket on this flight)

if I make just 1 PNR I can only take the whole trip in economy class
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet

p.s. I would like to merge the PNRs to avoid to collect luggage in Doha and to make check in again
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Merging PNRs isn't possible (splitting them is though)

As a courtesy, QR will check through baggage (so you don't have to collect it, in your case DOH) even if you have separate bookings (see QR Interlining (Baggage))
When checking in, print out or screenshot the page on QR's website since some contract staff might not be aware of the policy.
Dav77 and kittiyut like this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realgaga

As a courtesy, QR will check through baggage (so you don't have to collect it, in your case DOH) even if you have separate bookings (see QR Interlining (Baggage))
When checking in, print out or screenshot the page on QR's website since some contract staff might not be aware of the policy.
many thanks for that

I understand also that of course I can remain inside the terminal without make custom
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Dav77
I understand also that of course I can remain inside the terminal without make custom
As long as you follow the 'transfers' sign and don't enter Qatar (the country), you won't have to clear customs and immigration.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
For future reference it should be possible to book a mixed economy/business class by ringing BA up.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
For future reference it should be possible to book a mixed economy/business class by ringing BA up.
I tried yesterday but even the CC wasn’t able to mix it.

it would be easier if the upgrade by Avios was admitted on Qatar Air flights, but it isn’t
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77
I tried yesterday but even the CC wasn’t able to mix it.

it would be easier if the upgrade by Avios was admitted on Qatar Air flights, but it isn’t
Oh, sorry to hear that.. very weird. Possibly a married segment issue adding to.your woes then!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donb25
Hello, I am traveling in a few weeks DFW-DOH via AA on a one-way award ticket and connecting to QR from DOH-SYZ on a paid one-way ticket a few hours later. When checking in at DFW what would be my best option to process luggage through to final destination as these are both Oneworld alliance members? Also, would I have QR lounge access in DOH since my flight segment from JFK-DOH is in J?
A question for the AA forum.
AA does not interline bags on separate tickets. Even AA to AA
AA forum--->Separate ticketing / PNR: AA, oneworld, through baggage & protection issues > 2016
You will need to collect your bags and then check-in / bag drop at DOH. Check you can enter Qatar.
A map from Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper

DOH-SYZ in economy? Lounges access is for departures. Not arrivals
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by realgaga

What if the connection is more than 18hrs?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by kittiyut
What if the connection is more than 18hrs?
That's fine. The limit is 24 hours at Doha as far as I'm aware.
kittiyut likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.