Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR Repatriation Flights & Onboard Service

QR Repatriation Flights & Onboard Service

Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
WOW that's a 9hr flight each way. Other than LHR & MNL, any other long haul (or semi) turnaround flights?
I don't think its route specific, rather most (if not all) short & medium haul flights are now turnaround flights

Originally Posted by MsEllie
Since the flight was so empty, did they offer a cash upgrade for your economy leg?
Yes, my LHR-DOH-KUL flights were actually booked in Y but I got a decent upgrade offer for both sectors
LHR-DOH for Ł530
DOH-KUL for Ł240
MsEllie likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by craig44485
Were all passengers wearing face masks? Planning on flying Business Class MNL DOH JFK in August, hoping to not have to wear a mask for the entirety of both flights.
At that time (mid June), I don't think it was compulsory for everyone to wear masks yet but most people in Y did so anyways. I think passengers might be more laxed in J given there's more private space (particularly if the cabin is relatively empty)
craig44485 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I wish there were more central and south america on QR network.
MEX, BOG, BGI, LIM
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:36 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
QR Repatriation Flights

Saved
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by cheltzel
If flying QSuites, would you be able to close the door and sleep maskless? Would that risk trouble with the crew? I use a CPAP machine and have a battery operated travel machine.
I use a CPAP machine also, and I am also wondering the same thing.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by avf.tan
I don't think its route specific, rather most (if not all) short & medium haul flights are now turnaround flights

Yes, my LHR-DOH-KUL flights were actually booked in Y but I got a decent upgrade offer for both sectors
LHR-DOH for Ł530
DOH-KUL for Ł240
DOH-KUL is an ok price but LHR-DOH upgrade is just one more crazy price.
Think about it : it would cost you like (530+240)x2=Ł1540 just to upgrade your LHR-DOH-KUL return flight, in addition to what you payed already for the economy class ticket, and without business class benefits (luggage allowance, lounge access, miles...)...
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Matt4
DOH-KUL is an ok price but LHR-DOH upgrade is just one more crazy price.
Think about it : it would cost you like (530+240)x2=Ł1540 just to upgrade your LHR-DOH-KUL return flight, in addition to what you payed already for the economy class ticket, and without business class benefits (luggage allowance, lounge access, miles...)...
I agree! I only accepted the upgrade offer for the DOH-KUL sector. The LHR-DOH sector is probably more expensive because it is a more "premium" route & also due to UK APD (the addition in APD for Y to J alone = Ł94)
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:45 pm

Very much a trivial question but out of curiosity are Qatar still offering Amenity Kits and Bedding in J during this time?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sixcolours
Very much a trivial question but out of curiosity are Qatar still offering Amenity Kits and Bedding in J during this time?
Quick search from QR's website on safety measures in business/first:

Comfort and amenities

• Pillow cushions available on all flights
  • Dental and shaving kits available on all flights
  • Flights over 2 hours: blankets available
  • Flights over 4 hours: comfort packs or amenity kits available
  • Overnight flights over 7 hours: loungewear available
  • Flights above 12 hours / Qsuite flights above 7 hours: loungewear and turndown service available
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/safety-measures.html
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by sixcolours

I just stepped on board, this is what i found in my q-suite

Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by progers84
I just stepped on board, this is what i found in my q-suite
Thanks for sharing! Is there any chance that you could also take some photos of the food onboard and menu?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by IamOmni
Thanks for sharing! Is there any chance that you could also take some photos of the food onboard and menu?
I thought I took a photo of my food, chicken al la Normande, but seems I never. Here's the menu though. This was on flight 69 to Frankfurt.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:15 am

Hi All,

I have an upcoming flight in Business from SYD-FCO. Some news articles online mention that for all flights entering Italy, you can no longer take hand luggage onboard and it must be checked in. However, I asked Qatar Airways and received conflicting advice.

Does anyone here know? I obviously wish to pack accordingly ))

Many, many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Hi All,

I have an upcoming flight in Business from SYD-FCO. Some news articles online mention that for all flights entering Italy, you can no longer take hand luggage onboard and it must be checked in. However, I asked Qatar Airways and received conflicting advice.

Does anyone here know? I obviously wish to pack accordingly ))

Many, many thanks in advance!
The decree of last June 26th that did not allow to put hand luggage into the overhead bins on flights to/from Italy has been scrapped 4 days ago, thus now everything should be back to normal.
MsEllie likes this.

Last edited by BobFF68; Jul 18, 2020 at 8:01 am
Old Jul 19, 2020, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68
The decree of last June 26th that did not allow to put hand luggage into the overhead bins on flights to/from Italy has been scrapped 4 days ago, thus now everything should be back to normal.
Dear BobFF68,

Thank you VERY much! Really appreciate your help and knowledge!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.