Wiki Posts
Search

Vouchers due to Covid 19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Redeeming vouchers for new flights

Hi all -
In March I got travel voucher from Qatar for my flight to Vietnam.
Now, I'm considering to use the voucher for the same destination for a trip in December, if hopefully the world is better place till then.

From what I've read online, the only possible way to redeem the voucher is through a local office. I called the local office and the price they gave me is for some 100 euros more expensive from what I see online for economy saver fare. When I asked why, they told me they have only one economy class price and not like on the website where you can choose through different categories.

What are my options if I want to use the voucher for economy saver class tickets? Is that possible?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:10 pm
Company Representative, Qatar Airways

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Currently, our travel vouchers are available for redemption via our contact centers or local offices. However, the option to redeem your voucher via our website https://www.qatarairways.com/en/homepage.html will be available soon.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Currently, our travel vouchers are available for redemption via our contact centers or local offices. However, the option to redeem your voucher via our website https://www.qatarairways.com/en/homepage.html will be available soon.
goingplacestogether Thank you!

I made a reservation yesterday and I paid exrta 92EUR for reservation through your contact center.
The only reason why I booked so early is that my qcredits are expiring on 15th of June and I want to use them for a potential upgrade. Today I logged in my account and from what I was able to see there are no seats available for upgrade in four sectors I need to fly. I'm not really satisfied with that, and I see no reason in giving qcredits when there is no way to use them as gold member.

Are you able to help me somehow?
Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Thats great to hear! I was trying to book a Q suites flights yesterday and got to the payment part, thinking that there will be a place to enter a promo code for ref ID of my voucher but there was none, so I abandoned that booking because Im too lazy to call on the phone. :-) Please let us know when the voucher redemption is live on the site as I need to make my booking asap for travel in the first week of August.

Also, its great to see you guys active here on the forums!

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Great, but I am yet to determine pricing for a multi-city itinerary due to:

Since I don't know which one of 7 available, I tried each one. To do this the flight selection process has to start from the absolute beginning of the booking.
Finally found that all 7 failed, yielding:

Took 30 minutes.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Great, but I am yet to determine pricing for a multi-city itinerary due to:

Since I don't know which one of 7 available, I tried each one. To do this the flight selection process has to start from the absolute beginning of the booking.
Finally found that all 7 failed, yielding:

Took 30 minutes.
What multicity itinerary are you trying to search for? If there is no fare filed for what you are searching for that could be the reason for the errors you are getting.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
For US based pax, anyone know if we can use the 24 hour hold fare option to lock in an online fare (that’s presumably cheaper than the phone quoted fare) and then call in to QR and use a voucher to pay for that held fare?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by fender5787
For US based pax, anyone know if we can use the 24 hour hold fare option to lock in an online fare (that’s presumably cheaper than the phone quoted fare) and then call in to QR and use a voucher to pay for that held fare?
I'd also like to know the answer to this one! (albeit UK-based not US)
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Following further permutations, I believe the message:
Originally Posted by LukeO9
should be: "stopover in DOH currently not allowed".
...even for travel in 2021.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:28 am

Hi, how long does it take to receive the voucher? I make a request online and it's on zendesk now, but I haven't received any confirmation that my request has been received... I really need to fly back home next week...
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:38 am

This might not be what you want to hear, but I filed my zendesk request on May 8th and it was addressed on May 26th. Have you tried using the Qatar Airways whatsapp number? I've found that pretty useful: +97440230000

Good luck!
Old Jun 13, 2020, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by RSDoha
This might not be what you want to hear, but I filed my zendesk request on May 8th and it was addressed on May 26th. Have you tried using the Qatar Airways whatsapp number? I've found that pretty useful: +97440230000

Good luck!
Oh, that really doesn't sound like good news...

Thank you for the whatsapp number, they are very responsive.

Anybody tried to exchange their ticket for Qmiles? How long did it take for the miles to be credited to the account?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Originally Posted by RSDoha

Good luck!
Thats actually pretty good. You're lucky. My vouchers took almost 6 weeks to process.

f
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by fender5787
I was told by 2 different Qatar agents that I can use this option. I haven't used it yet.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:04 am
Original Poster

I'm very unsatisfied with lack of upgrade seats available. I have two flights coming up in October and December and I was hoping that at least for one out of eight sectors in both flights I'll be able to do an upgrade using my qcredits which are expiring in 2 days.
But I was surprised negatively when the agents told me that there are no upgrade options available.
Seeing the economy class seats for my flights the planes at this moment are close to 98% empty and I'm assuming business class seats are empty too.

But no upgrade seats for spending my qcredits, that is very weird, and the qcredits are useless in these cases.
Plus there is no option how to change the expiration for the qcredits.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.