Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vouchers due to Covid 19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:02 am

I think Qatar online redemption voucher is not being processed at all, this simple function has not been updated from March to now
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by K3nt
I think Qatar online redemption voucher is not being processed at all, this simple function has not been updated from March to now
We can only go by what the company is saying, but as the Qatar website says they are working on a solution for online voucher redemption which has been confirmed by their forum rep, it would be unusual that they don't deliver on this facility which would deliver benefits for both customers and staff. Other airlines (but not all) are in a similar situation. And I would imagine that it needs plenty of testing and maybe some fraud management measures.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:37 am

Vouchers due to Covid 19

I was due to fly from MUC to MEL and return on March 28, on March 20 I requested a voucher or refund of ticket via the QATAR flight managment page. I received a confirmation of requst and was advised that I would receive a response in 3 to 4 weeks. I have not received any information since.

Can anyone give me information or advise on how I should proceed. I still want to fly as soon as the current situation allows.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:22 am

I would call them.

The reports here of major delays generally appear to be on requests placed mid-late March (not a scientific survey, just my impression). I am only speculating but as that was the period when many offices around the world were closing due to covid it is possible that some requests around then may have been "misfiled"
Johnnyblue likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:39 am

I have tried to call on a number of occasions, it seems that they don't have enough staff to answer the incoming calls.
I am not able to find a customer service email address only a post box address. For a so-called 5 star airline, they certainly leave a lot to be desired in terms of customer service and communication.

I shall continue to try making contact.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:54 am

If you are a Privilege Club member you will find a number to call for your tier on your dashboard. They should answer more quickly than the general line.

If not then others have reported success contacting them via twitter. You could also try calling offices in another country. If you use Skype or similar it won't cost much. I find Doha always answer quickly.

Or you could raise a new voucher request through their online portal. Speaking to someone may be quicker though.

You have waited a long time and many people complain about the call centres, but to cut them (and all airlines) some slack, they are having to deal with millions of reservation changes each month currently, with some offices still shut globally.

Good luck!
Johnnyblue likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by plunet
We can only go by what the company is saying, but as the Qatar website says they are working on a solution for online voucher redemption which has been confirmed by their forum rep, it would be unusual that they don't deliver on this facility which would deliver benefits for both customers and staff. Other airlines (but not all) are in a similar situation. And I would imagine that it needs plenty of testing and maybe some fraud management measures.
Can you provide any forum where you can find these discussions?
Thank you
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Originally Posted by K3nt
Can you provide any forum where you can find these discussions?
Thank you
Please see the second post in this very thread.
plunet likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I cancelled min on 15 March and voucher was provided 20 March. I also contacted them now and wait time is only 10mins. I called from my home country in Australia 1300number. There were quick for me or maybe i was just lucky. FYI back in March i was not a privilege member yet.
Johnnyblue likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by fender5787
For US based pax, anyone know if we can use the 24 hour hold fare option to lock in an online fare (that’s presumably cheaper than the phone quoted fare) and then call in to QR and use a voucher to pay for that held fare?
I can now confirm this. I made my itinerary online, held the fare and immediately called customer service and was able to use my voucher to complete the booking. Took less than 5 minutes and I didnt have to pay any extra booking over the phone fees.

f.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by goingplacestogether
Currently, our travel vouchers are available for redemption via our contact centers or local offices. However, the option to redeem your voucher via our website https://www.qatarairways.com/en/homepage.html will be available soon.
is there any update on when the online option will be available????
Old Jun 22, 2020, 2:42 am

I've been in contact with qrsupport via twitter and they have also PM'd me here, I am very pleased to have such speedy results. It has also restored my faith in QATAR Airways.

Thanks for your advise
Tulene, scrappydog and Johnnieboy like this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Silver
How did you hold the fare without paying for the fare holding function? If you paid for the fare to be held, did customer service deduct this amount from your fare when you went to pay for the booking with your voucher (or otherwise refund the charge in some way)? Or were you just expected to cop the charge as an additional cost of using your voucher?

I called up the UK reservations number and they advised me to hold the booking and then email [email protected] to ask them to process the booking using my existing voucher, and they said that there should be a response within 24 hours. I sent an email to that email address asking if the fee for holding the fare would be refunded and it has been 4 days with no response, so I'm not inclined to proceed to hold the fare and email them as I was told - chances are the hold period would expire before they respond.

Originally Posted by friskygeek
I can now confirm this. I made my itinerary online, held the fare and immediately called customer service and was able to use my voucher to complete the booking. Took less than 5 minutes and I didnt have to pay any extra booking over the phone fees.

f.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Doraemat
How did you hold the fare without paying for the fare holding function? If you paid for the fare to be held, did customer service deduct this amount from your fare when you went to pay for the booking with your voucher (or otherwise refund the charge in some way)? Or were you just expected to cop the charge as an additional cost of using your voucher?

I called up the UK reservations number and they advised me to hold the booking and then email [email protected] to ask them to process the booking using my existing voucher, and they said that there should be a response within 24 hours. I sent an email to that email address asking if the fee for holding the fare would be refunded and it has been 4 days with no response, so I'm not inclined to proceed to hold the fare and email them as I was told - chances are the hold period would expire before they respond.
The Hold Fare for 24 Hours option is free. At least it was for me (Im in the USA).
f.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by friskygeek
The Hold Fare for 24 Hours option is free. At least it was for me (Im in the USA).
f.
free for me as well....booked from india....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.