Flight Schedules

Old Jun 9, 20, 2:48 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Flight Schedules

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been discussed or is located somewhere else, but I was just wondering if anyone could shed light on how often flight schedules are updated online? I'm fully aware that right now, nothing at all is certain and things are very dynamic, but I was wondering if there was some sort of guidance on how often QR updates these things generally.

As an example, I can see A380's scheduled for MEL and SYD in September, but I think anyone can safely say no QR A380's will be flying in September - unless we miraculously have a vaccine at that stage.

Thanks

HB
Old Jun 9, 20, 6:32 am

The easy response, especially in the current situation where things change multiple times per day, is as long as needed. According to the last update I have seen both MEL and SYD are scheduled to operate once per day with A350-1000XWB.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...k-suspensions/
Old Jun 9, 20, 4:59 pm

It is interesting to see Qatar announcing they are going to start direct Brisbane to Doha flights in revenue service - separate for the current ad hoc services and freight.
I have looked for these flights from december onwards but just dont seem to exist.
Have I missed something or is the Qatar service to BNE just a short term thing for repatriation flights etc?
It would be great for it to be permanent as a direct flight to Doha would be a great way of accessing the Middle East and northern Africa.
Old Jun 9, 20, 5:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald. GF Black; Accor Silver; Hyatt Explorist.
I understand its short term. Who knows with QR they are erratic at the best of times regarding schedules, equipment, rules etc etc.
Old Jun 9, 20, 6:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Indeed, I need HAN-DOH-LHR which should restart on July 3 but I am not that confident. Might take CX instead, but they only fly from SGN for now!
Old Jun 10, 20, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Indeed, I need HAN-DOH-LHR which should restart on July 3 but I am not that confident. Might take CX instead, but they only fly from SGN for now!

Hope that is flying by sept as I have LHR-HAN return then. More wary the the ADB flights wont restart
Old Jun 10, 20, 12:33 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by Sam Lewis View Post
Hope that is flying by sept as I have LHR-HAN return then. More wary the the ADB flights wont restart
Izmir is unlikely to restart for a long time. They would probably restart Ankara and Istanbul-SAW first, before Izmir and Adana.
Old Jun 10, 20, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Izmir is unlikely to restart for a long time. They would probably restart Ankara and Istanbul-SAW first, before Izmir and Adana.
I concur. I flew from ADB twice last year as I could not resist the insane cheap business fares to Asia (despite the inconvenience of having to position in/out ADB -/+ 1 day - but the Doubletree is really nice, cheap and only 5 min from the airport with a free shuttle). Even before COVID-19 ADB was operated 3-4x per week with some of the oldest A320s and when I flew the flights were rarely more than 50% full. That being said, if they do not restart ADB, you have the right to be rebooked (if you so wish) - either from an alternative airport or if I remember well QR was routing passengers on PC to SAW but with the inconvenience that you have to collect your luggage at SAW and re-check it there with QR.
Old Jun 10, 20, 5:07 pm
HB7
Original Poster

I'm still shocked that they are flying daily to MEL and SYD, I can't imagine those flights being anywhere near half full at the moment due to restrictions on entry to Australia and quarantine rules in place for those that are allowed in at the moment.
Old Jun 10, 20, 11:16 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by MichaelA380 View Post
I concur. I flew from ADB twice last year as I could not resist the insane cheap business fares to Asia (despite the inconvenience of having to position in/out ADB -/+ 1 day - but the Doubletree is really nice, cheap and only 5 min from the airport with a free shuttle). Even before COVID-19 ADB was operated 3-4x per week with some of the oldest A320s and when I flew the flights were rarely more than 50% full. That being said, if they do not restart ADB, you have the right to be rebooked (if you so wish) - either from an alternative airport or if I remember well QR was routing passengers on PC to SAW but with the inconvenience that you have to collect your luggage at SAW and re-check it there with QR.
Yes, they had insane cheap J fares ex-ADB and I planned to use them this year but they have decided to pull them on late-March. For now, ex-IST/SAW is cheaper than ex-ADB on most Southeast Asian routes.

Also, if you still have an ex-ADB ticket in J, you could also be asked to rebooked on TK J from ADB to IST rather than flying Pegasus for that route.

I've also used the Doubletree Hilton near the airport once and they had similar prices and a great service compared to other hotels in the area and I'll probably use it again, if I'm unavailable to find a friend's house in Izmir to spend the night at.

Originally Posted by HB7 View Post
I'm still shocked that they are flying daily to MEL and SYD, I can't imagine those flights being anywhere near half full at the moment due to restrictions on entry to Australia and quarantine rules in place for those that are allowed in at the moment.
There is still a great demand for Australia flights. Both as passengers and as cargo.
Also, a reminder that Qantas has stopped flying internationally, so dual-citizens and essential travellers are now using QR or EK.
HB7 and mlqsko like this.
Old Jun 11, 20, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
There is still a great demand for Australia flights. Both as passengers and as cargo.
Also, a reminder that Qantas has stopped flying internationally, so dual-citizens and essential travellers are now using QR or EK.
A flight could be profitable purely based on cargo, especially at the moment as cargo prices are at historic highs due a lack of capacity to meet current demand.
Old Jun 11, 20, 1:20 am

DOH - MLE is still with an A320........
Old Jun 11, 20, 1:56 am
HB7
Original Poster

Ah fair enough - that is great to hear. I was unaware and clearly wrong. Let's hope we get a vaccine soon so we can get over this nightmare
Old Jun 11, 20, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380 View Post

I got ADB-CPT, JNB-ADB for 980 flying at Xmas so yeah completely insane fare lol. Id be over the moon to be rerouted from IST ( London not going to happen) as have BA reward flights to IST booked already. Outbound flight was showing just 2 seats booked in total on 12th Dec ( ours lol)
Old Jun 12, 20, 4:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Originally Posted by Sam Lewis View Post
I got ADB-CPT, JNB-ADB for 980 flying at Xmas so yeah completely insane fare lol. Id be over the moon to be rerouted from IST ( London not going to happen) as have BA reward flights to IST booked already. Outbound flight was showing just 2 seats booked in total on 12th Dec ( ours lol)
FYI south africa did mention they plan to open country in 2021

Search this Thread
Search Engine: