Qatar refund/credit for unused return

Old May 21, 20, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Qatar refund/credit for unused return

Hi All,
I'm trying to solve an issue I'm having between Qatar and a consolidator and just trying to figure out my options. As Oneworld Emerald who usually flies American or BA I'm just not too familiar with Qatar's policies or the changes since Covid. I had a ticket in March from BOS-KTM departing on 3/4 and returning DEL-BOS ON 3/22. Now while we were in KTM everything started to change and we found ourselves needing to get home instead of going to DEL since the borders were closing. The ticket was booked with a consolidator and at the time I was told the new one way home was about the same as the return portion on my original ticket and that my return would be refunded. The consolidator went and changed my return to be from KTM and all was well. Now for months I've been chasing the consolidator for my refund and just today they are telling me Qatar policy doesn't allow for this. My understanding is that as of 3/9 Qatar updated their policies to get people home and change tickets. The ticket was in (D) class. Thank you for any clarity someone could provide. I feel like the consolidator is playing games.
Old May 21, 20, 1:14 pm

Sorry but what you wrote is unclear and inconsistent ...
The consolidator went and changed my return to be from KTM and all was well

If your DEL BOS return was changed (i.e. rebooked) into KTM BOS, then what refund are you looking for?

If you paid for a new one-way KTM BOS return, what happened with the original DEL BOS segment, was it voluntarily cancelled? If not, did QR actually operate these flights?
Old May 22, 20, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Really hard to understand.

Like MichaelA380, I understand that you bought your original ticket with a consolidator and changed the return to KTM-BOS on an earlier date than 22 March.
Then I don't see what refund you are talking about.

Maybe, you are trying to say that you bought ANOTHER ticket from KTM to BOS from some consolidator and were a no-show on your original ticket. Maybe it is the same consolidator who did sold both tickets. Please explain.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: