Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher clarification

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Voucher clarification

I could use some help with clarification on the terms of my voucher. I have a few questions on the voucher terms and I was hoping you guys can help with. I received my voucher on April 28th. It said it's valid up to one year after issued. The few questions I have are:

1. Does this mean I have to fly before April 28, 2021 or do I have up until April 28, 2021 to redeem it?
2. Is the issue date when I received the voucher (April 28th) or the orginal date when I purchased my tickets (which was January 10th)
3. If i have until April 28th to redeem the voucher how long after that will i need to fly?

i really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks
Old May 19, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jiffer21225
I could use some help with clarification on the terms of my voucher. I have a few questions on the voucher terms and I was hoping you guys can help with. I received my voucher on April 28th. It said it's valid up to one year after issued. The few questions I have are:

1. Does this mean I have to fly before April 28, 2021 or do I have up until April 28, 2021 to redeem it?
2. Is the issue date when I received the voucher (April 28th) or the orginal date when I purchased my tickets (which was January 10th)
3. If i have until April 28th to redeem the voucher how long after that will i need to fly?

i really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks
As per the trade guide below, under Option 2: Exchange Ticket For a Voucher, it says "EMD can be utilised for future travel within 2 years from date of EMD issuance."

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...0-%20Trade.pdf

As per the FAQ on their website, it says you have one year to "use" the voucher.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...her-valid-for-

Others can no doubt clarify or give their own take but I take that to mean you have to book within 1 year of the voucher being issued but you can travel up to 2 years from the issue date.
Aston100 likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
I got my voucher yesterday too and Im trying to find an expiration date on it. Where would that be?

thanks!
f.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:44 am

I spoke to a couple of Qatar agents about this very thing.
The (new) vouchers are now valid for 2 years from date of issue.
This means that you must book a flight before the voucher expiry date.
The flight that you book can be as far in advance as you can book - up to the end of the schedule (almost a year away?)
This effectively gives you nearly 3 years from date of the voucher being issued, in which time frame your flight must take place.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aston100
I spoke to a couple of Qatar agents about this very thing.
The (new) vouchers are now valid for 2 years from date of issue.
This means that you must book a flight before the voucher expiry date.
The flight that you book can be as far in advance as you can book - up to the end of the schedule (almost a year away?)
This effectively gives you nearly 3 years from date of the voucher being issued, in which time frame your flight must take place.
If you didn't know better it would be easy to assume you could just reschedule your trip whenever you wanted with no charges, by the way it sounds!
Aston100 likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'm hoping I will be able to take my postponed trip to South Africa next year in March or April.
Old May 20, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Originally Posted by friskygeek
I got my voucher yesterday too and Im trying to find an expiration date on it. Where would that be?

thanks!
f.
I got on the phone with Privilege Club support today and they confirmed that the vouchers are valid for 2 years from the date of *voucher issue date*. Just thought Id comment here for everyone else's benefit.

f.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.