Voucher clarification

Old May 19, 20, 6:22 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 157
Voucher clarification

I could use some help with clarification on the terms of my voucher. I have a few questions on the voucher terms and I was hoping you guys can help with. I received my voucher on April 28th. It said it's valid up to one year after issued. The few questions I have are:

1. Does this mean I have to fly before April 28, 2021 or do I have up until April 28, 2021 to redeem it?
2. Is the issue date when I received the voucher (April 28th) or the orginal date when I purchased my tickets (which was January 10th)
3. If i have until April 28th to redeem the voucher how long after that will i need to fly?

i really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks
jiffer21225 is offline  
Old May 19, 20, 7:11 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,580
Originally Posted by jiffer21225 View Post
I could use some help with clarification on the terms of my voucher. I have a few questions on the voucher terms and I was hoping you guys can help with. I received my voucher on April 28th. It said it's valid up to one year after issued. The few questions I have are:

1. Does this mean I have to fly before April 28, 2021 or do I have up until April 28, 2021 to redeem it?
2. Is the issue date when I received the voucher (April 28th) or the orginal date when I purchased my tickets (which was January 10th)
3. If i have until April 28th to redeem the voucher how long after that will i need to fly?

i really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks
As per the trade guide below, under Option 2: Exchange Ticket For a Voucher, it says "EMD can be utilised for future travel within 2 years from date of EMD issuance."

https://www.qatarairways.com/content...0-%20Trade.pdf

As per the FAQ on their website, it says you have one year to "use" the voucher.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...her-valid-for-

Others can no doubt clarify or give their own take but I take that to mean you have to book within 1 year of the voucher being issued but you can travel up to 2 years from the issue date.
Aston100 likes this.
Schwann is offline  
Old May 19, 20, 9:22 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Programs: Qatar Airways Gold Tier
Posts: 3
I got my voucher yesterday too and Im trying to find an expiration date on it. Where would that be?

thanks!
f.
friskygeek is offline  
Old May 19, 20, 10:44 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 245
I spoke to a couple of Qatar agents about this very thing.
The (new) vouchers are now valid for 2 years from date of issue.
This means that you must book a flight before the voucher expiry date.
The flight that you book can be as far in advance as you can book - up to the end of the schedule (almost a year away?)
This effectively gives you nearly 3 years from date of the voucher being issued, in which time frame your flight must take place.
Aston100 is offline  
Old May 19, 20, 10:54 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BRS
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,580
Originally Posted by Aston100 View Post
I spoke to a couple of Qatar agents about this very thing.
The (new) vouchers are now valid for 2 years from date of issue.
This means that you must book a flight before the voucher expiry date.
The flight that you book can be as far in advance as you can book - up to the end of the schedule (almost a year away?)
This effectively gives you nearly 3 years from date of the voucher being issued, in which time frame your flight must take place.
If you didn't know better it would be easy to assume you could just reschedule your trip whenever you wanted with no charges, by the way it sounds!
Aston100 likes this.
Schwann is offline  
Old May 20, 20, 8:25 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 157
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'm hoping I will be able to take my postponed trip to South Africa next year in March or April.
jiffer21225 is offline  
Old May 20, 20, 8:39 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Programs: Qatar Airways Gold Tier
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by friskygeek View Post
I got my voucher yesterday too and Im trying to find an expiration date on it. Where would that be?

thanks!
f.
I got on the phone with Privilege Club support today and they confirmed that the vouchers are valid for 2 years from the date of *voucher issue date*. Just thought Id comment here for everyone else's benefit.

f.
friskygeek is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: