QR Status Match - Offer Ends 22nd May

Old May 21, 2020, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by seantheman
In terms of crediting miles from QR flights to BAEC, is it better value than crediting to QR Priv Club itself?
Use the calculator on the QR website to work out how many Q points you will get for your flights. Then work out how many exec tier points you will get. Remember there is a 4 secotor requirement on both QR and BA respectively to get status in their schemes.

For me, the QR system is worth it for the first year of the status match (if they give it) given the 50% reduction in Qpoints required to retain OW Emerald. Coupled with the fact you get tier bonus for QR flights posted to QR but not BAEC. After the first year I will probably return to BAEC depending on if anything has changed post-covid.

I am also Anticipating the increased likelihood of QR giving status extension, and BA failing to do so, although this doesn’t affect calculations.
seantheman likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Worth bearing in mind that QR Platinum members, in J, can access the Al Safwa for free.

M
Old May 21, 2020, 1:48 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
In terms of crediting miles from QR flights to BAEC, is it better value than crediting to QR Priv Club itself?
QRPC has a history of treating member loyalty with contempt. Don't just take my word for it. Just take a look at some of the threads on here. Avoid!

Last edited by NoY; May 21, 2020 at 8:03 pm Reason: typo correction
Old May 21, 2020, 8:14 pm

They extended the status match for 2 days, but now only for Etihad, Emirates and Turkish.

I see they are now also saying applicants will hear back within 20 days, pretty sure it said 10 before...so it could be a while until we hear anything.
Old May 21, 2020, 9:12 pm

They extended the status match for 2 days, but now only for Etihad, Emirates and Turkish.

I see they are now also saying applicants will hear back within 20 days, pretty sure it said 10 before...so it could be a while until we hear anything.
It used to be 10. Imagine how many VA status matches they received lol.
Old May 23, 2020, 12:21 pm

Extended yet again, South African and Singapore added back...
Old May 23, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Who's got their free QR status 'matched' yet?

Old May 23, 2020, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by d00t
Who's got their free QR status 'matched' yet?

Lol I have been curious about this. In the hypothetical scenario I photoshopped Gold status somewhere else, how could QR (or any other airline running the match) know it's fake? What is the worse that can happen?
Old May 23, 2020, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by AHC96
What is the worse that can happen?
it's in their T&Cs. They will cancel your QRPC account, ban you from participating... put you on their no-fly list if you failed the photoshop masterclass?
ElJudioErrante and AHC96 like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 3:08 pm

Lol I have been curious about this. In the hypothetical scenario I photoshopped Gold status somewhere else, how could QR (or any other airline running the match) know it's fake? What is the worse that can happen?
QR can make dummy res and put your given FF no in....from that they can tell if you have status.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
QR can make dummy res and put your given FF no in....from that they can tell if you have status.
Now let's imagine the number of reservations they need to make
Old May 23, 2020, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
it's in their T&Cs. They will cancel your QRPC account, ban you from participating... put you on their no-fly list if you failed the photoshop masterclass?
I just realised my 'What is the worse that can happen?' reads as sarcasm. I was honestly curious what's the worse that can happen. Putting you in a no-fly list sounds quite heavy.
Old May 23, 2020, 3:27 pm

I just realised my 'What is the worse that can happen?' reads as sarcasm. I was honestly curious what's the worse that can happen. Putting you in a no-fly list sounds quite heavy.
That's pretty much they all can do and whether they will is another matter.
Old May 24, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
QR would most likely just send you a rejection email and leave it there, QR isn't calling up airlines and say, hey would you mind if you just check to see if one of your potential high value pax is really got this status as they wanna switch to us. There would also be issues surrounding data protection for most people contacting QR if they were feeding information to other source to confirm things. Naturally if it was a oneworld airline/other airline partner FFP, then I'm sure QR could check this, Emirates haha no.

There are two types of people who could commit this type of fraud ( well the majority), someone who has status and has been able to photoshop everything to show a higher tier, but most tiers have different colour schemes so it would be hard to match it. Then there are those who get screenshots from friends and then photoshop it themselves, but this would take someone you know and has a status within one of the select airlines that QR are willing to accept. You would have to have a good grip of photoshop to be able to make it even barely looking genuine, which most people couldn't achieve or bother to even attempt.

You will also find most airlines do not post currently anything online in the form of images that could be photoshopped to someones benefit, everything that can be found online is part of the old design or colour scheme..... or a current image design that is posted in such a way that photoshop would just be impossible to produce something believable.

I am sure there will be some great examples of fake documents submitted to QR that will get status, but i am sure that QR will reject quite a few that they believe are fake. I think one of the reasons why we haven't seen any replies yet is because with the more people that submit documents the more of an idea they get of what is legit and what is not. Same time i know at least here, flyertalk members i say are most def in the high risk category for thinking about doing fakes as most non-flyertalk folks wouldn't even know this campaign is running. Having said that if someone did get status through fake documents it could level itself out as at least while high risk, some flyertalk members could bring a lot of business that they probably wouldn't if brought if they did not receive status.

It would be interested to know if anyone did submit anything fake and if they got status, "no judgement", would be an interesting data point. I also think that with QR changing the T&C's all the time with this status match, it just takes one QR staff member to reject one of the first email received as it does not meet the current T&C'S. I would hate to be arrested upon arrival in Doha for fraud!
Old May 24, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Do you guys think QR will accept this?
Attached Images   
msm2000uk, ISTFlyer and AHC96 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.