Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Status Match - Offer Ends 22nd May

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As a TK M&S Elite Plus, I have just applied for this status match. I've sent the photo of my physical card and all the transactions after February 2019 until present in the e-mail.
I will report back, as soon as I get an answer-back.

The link was active around 16:00 ( GMT +3 Istanbul/Doha time ); another friend has reported that the link was down around 18:00 ( GMT +3 ) but I think the glitch is solved.
Old May 18, 2020, 5:15 pm

My last 2-month statement is empty. But I did send my Emirates Gold card, 1 flight ticket per year for the past 5 years showing that I had been gold and another two tickets booked (and cancelled) for end of May and end of June. Let's see what happens. Funny that I had requested this 3 years ago and they said they don't do status matches. Stayed with Emirates and spent a lot of money on them - wonder why status matches are not a standard as it would yield in good revenue for airlines (once a lifetime for example to avoid abuse).

Last edited by tusho; May 18, 2020 at 5:15 pm Reason: Changed status to statement
Old May 18, 2020, 5:25 pm

My EY statements were empty too, so I sent last 10 transactions as well.

I don't have a physical card as EY are not sending them in the post due to coronavirus, so I sent a screenshot of my e-card🤷‍♂️...Fingers crossed.

If they do match my status they will probably get all my business so it would be a good move on their part!
Old May 18, 2020, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by tusho
My last 2-month statement is empty. But I did send my Emirates Gold card, 1 flight ticket per year for the past 5 years showing that I had been gold and another two tickets booked (and cancelled) for end of May and end of June. Let's see what happens. Funny that I had requested this 3 years ago and they said they don't do status matches. Stayed with Emirates and spent a lot of money on them - wonder why status matches are not a standard as it would yield in good revenue for airlines (once a lifetime for example to avoid abuse).
The OP mentions top tier only so it'll be interesting to see what they do. They matched my EK Gold with QR Gold towards the end of last year.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 10:58 pm

Oh that's interesting. Didn't know they had a status match going on last year. Well done!
Old May 19, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
sent in my application, from TK Elite. Lets hope this works out. Will post back, once I hear something
Old May 19, 2020, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by tusho
Oh that's interesting. Didn't know they had a status match going on last year. Well done!
No status match campaign at the time, just sent a request to my country manager with the usual evidence.
Old May 19, 2020, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just wondering, did anyone receive an answer by now? I am just trying to estimate when I would receive an answer from them. My question is mainly for those who submitted their e-mail on the first days of the promo but anyone is welcome to answer.

Also, they should be done sending confirmations until 5 June as they have indicated that they would reply within 10 business days. ( 24-25-26 May is a religious holiday in Muslim countries ).
Old May 19, 2020, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The offer is live, but by email only.

M
Why on earth would a company offer a status match program via email????
Old May 19, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by mpkz
Why on earth would a company offer a status match program via email????
All the other ones I've seen recently are done by email as well... ?
Old May 19, 2020, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AHC96
All the other ones I've seen recently are done by email as well... ?
Yeah but presumably you would want to reach another airline's frequent flyers, not your own..
Old May 19, 2020, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by mpkz
Yeah but presumably you would want to reach another airline's frequent flyers, not your own..
I think you misunderstood. Several blogs posted about it and QR has a website talking about the status match. The way to apply is via email, not that QR sent an email about it to its own members.
msm2000uk and ISTFlyer like this.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Anyone got a reply yet, assuming not. I reckon we will start seeing replies from tomorrow onwards or Sunday onwards? I applied out of interest sake via Emirates status , if granted i could easily qualify for renewal for the next year with one trip, the thought of easy OWE status for two years is quite a pulling factor. I would then jump back to BAEC, biggest worry is when and if QR leave oneworld it wouldn't be worth it and waste of miles credited to the wrong program i should of been crediting to..... ie BAEC.

I applied on day one, from reading other sources such as comment sections on other websites and Face Book, it does seem the most have not applied - alas not many meet the eligible airline criteria.
Old May 20, 2020, 3:25 pm

In terms of crediting miles from QR flights to BAEC, is it better value than crediting to QR Priv Club itself?
Old May 20, 2020, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seantheman
In terms of crediting miles from QR flights to BAEC, is it better value than crediting to QR Priv Club itself?
Depends on the route and your travel pattern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.