QR Status Match - Offer Ends 22nd May

Old Jun 7, 21, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Traveller999 View Post
I nevder did receive the "message" of reduced point requirements, as I did not a status match but "earned bloody only ECO (but not anymore :-) )" ;-) my platinum status several years ago. I really would like to see that QR honors their own Platinum members in the way the honor matched ones.
However, I hope you will be successfully retaining Platinum status with the reduced requirements, referring to the Terms of your match!
If I'm not wrong regular QRPC Platinum members had their 540 Qpoints threshold extended from one to two years.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 21, 4:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
If I'm not wrong regular QRPC Platinum members had their 540 Qpoints threshold extended from one to two years.
Yes, you are right, he status was extended by one year, but the points were not frozen. I did had 1400 points last year jan, so I did requalify till 2021 anyway. Now the points are gone and I have to requalify with the full 540 points by November this year, the granted free extension did not help me. The free extension of the status was certainly hepful for many whose status was due to expire last year. However, thats life ;-)
Hope you will be successfully!
Old Jun 26, 21, 12:09 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I'm confused with this status match. They extended our status until end of 2021, but our tracking period ended in June. So now we need to earn the full amount of points from June to 2021 to maintain Platinum?

And still they never sent a membership card, saying that they stopped because of Covid?
Old Jun 26, 21, 12:18 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I'm not a status matcher, but my Gold status was renewed as normal (1 year) today. No extension to December.
Old Jun 26, 21, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
I'm confused with this status match. They extended our status until end of 2021, but our tracking period ended in June. So now we need to earn the full amount of points from June to 2021 to maintain Platinum?

And still they never sent a membership card, saying that they stopped because of Covid?
As a status matcher I'm in the same boat. I have achieved 300 Qpoints from 7 June 2020 till 6 June 2021 ( original match period ) so I need to maintain QRPC Platinum another year until 6 June 2022, however, the QR website shows my status was only extended until 31 December 2021 and that I need to obtain 540 Qpoints until 31 December 2021 with only those flown within 1 January - 31 December 2021 counted on the counter.

QR's communication up till now isn't fabulous regarding the match and the extension.
I hope they communicate with affected members soon as I would book some international long-haul trips for Q3 & Q4 2021 soon and this would have effect on my airline choice.

Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
I'm not a status matcher, but my Gold status was renewed as normal (1 year) today. No extension to December.
Wow! On a Saturday, interesting.
Old Jun 26, 21, 12:43 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
Renewed with reaching the required points or renewed without reaching the required points?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 26, 21, 1:20 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Traveller999 View Post
Renewed with reaching the required points or renewed without reaching the required points?
With.
Traveller999 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 30, 21, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
As a status matcher I'm in the same boat. I have achieved 300 Qpoints from 7 June 2020 till 6 June 2021 ( original match period ) so I need to maintain QRPC Platinum another year until 6 June 2022, however, the QR website shows my status was only extended until 31 December 2021 and that I need to obtain 540 Qpoints until 31 December 2021 with only those flown within 1 January - 31 December 2021 counted on the counter. QR's communication up till now isn't fabulous regarding the match and the extension. I hope they communicate with affected members soon as I would book some international long-haul trips for Q3 & Q4 2021 soon and this would have effect on my airline choice.
+1

I'm in exactly the same boat as well.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 21, 2:28 pm

I'm status matcher and QR gold extended til 31/12/2021, also for my status matched friends.
Old Jul 2, 21, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
I'm status matcher and QR gold extended til 31/12/2021, also for my status matched friends.
Every status matcher despite meeting the reduced thresholds or not have their status extended till 31 December 2021.
Old Jul 3, 21, 2:25 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I think they could extend a bit longer than just 31DEC2021, even when not meeting 540 treshold. I got marched QR Plat but due to the restrictions I have not taken a single flight yet on them.
Old Jul 3, 21, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fims View Post
I think they could extend a bit longer than just 31DEC2021, even when not meeting 540 treshold. I got marched QR Plat but due to the restrictions I have not taken a single flight yet on them.
The announced status match is 300 Qpoints.
Old Oct 19, 21, 10:19 pm

Programs: Velocity
Any update if they will extend this into 2022? For a lot of countries borders have been shut or limited travel for work or pleasure
Old Oct 21, 21, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Notyourbag View Post
Any update if they will extend this into 2022? For a lot of countries borders have been shut or limited travel for work or pleasure
Hopefully that's the answer then.
Having gained/grabbed FFers in a competitive market , QR are unlikely to relinquish them.
Old Oct 22, 21, 1:40 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Indeed, Still waiting to see when/if QR extends our status. I'm happy to try to earn my place in a normal travel year. However, this has still been anything but normal. As an example, QR wants close to 900 dollars for a 50 minute economy seat flight from DOH-DXB. Absolutely NUTS!!!!!!
GratefulSmile likes this.

Search this Thread