Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Multi-city with 3 stops, "no fare can be found" no matter what I try!

Old May 17, 20, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Is anyone able to book any 3+ stop multi-city fare on the QA website?

No matter what I try, not using any promo codes, I get the following error message on Chrome, Firefox, and IE:

"No fare can be found for the flights and/or cabins you selected. Please search again and select another cabin and/or different flights. (5685 - 2201)"

Is the capability to book 3+ stop multi-city fares completely broken? If you are able to get a fare displayed, could you please comment on web browser and OS you are using?

I also tried the iOS app, but it redirects to website once you have more than 2 legs of the journey.

Thanks!!!
Old May 17, 20, 11:54 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
What routing are you trying?

M
Old May 17, 20, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
What routing are you trying?

M
I tried LAX -> DOH Nov 2 or so

Then DOH -> SGN Nov 4 or so

Then SGN -> DOH Nov 30 or so

Doesn't work

LAX -> DOH then DOH -> SGN those same dates (or similar dates) worked fine for me though.

I changed LAX (someone had success with similar route) to IAH and also no go.

Basically just trying something basic that has 3 legs and getting same error no matter what I try.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 20, 4:03 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Your routing is against the most frequent QR fare rules because itís an open jaw with an open segment longer than the shortest flight.
You will have to book 2 separate tickets, either LAX-DOH-SGN + SGN-DOH or LAX-DOH + DOH-SGN return.
You can also book a LAX-DOH-SGN return with a stopover in DOH (>24hours) on both ways and donít fly the last segment DOH-LAX.
You can even optimize the price if you can replace the inbound SGN-DOH-LAX with a SGN-DOH-XXX where XXX is a cheaper destination.
Old May 17, 20, 4:10 pm

Same issue here. No matter which route I try to enter, I get the same code. Not sure if it is because of the current Covid situation or in general some restrictions by QR.
Booking a separate tickets is not an option for me because od the 1 time code that ai can use.
Old May 17, 20, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
Your routing is against the most frequent QR fare rules because itís an open jaw with an open segment longer than the shortest flight.
You will have to book 2 separate tickets, either LAX-DOH-SGN + SGN-DOH or LAX-DOH + DOH-SGN return.
You can also book a LAX-DOH-SGN return with a stopover in DOH (>24hours) on both ways and donít fly the last segment DOH-LAX.
You can even optimize the price if you can replace the inbound SGN-DOH-LAX with a SGN-DOH-XXX where XXX is a cheaper destination.
Thanks, that is good to know. FWIW, I got same result when I did LAX-DOH + DOH-SGN + SGN-LAX (it didn't work). I made the 3rd trip shorter to hopefully simplify things, but it looks like that runs afoul of their rules per your helpful post.

I do think that there is something wrong with the website not allowing multi-city trips right now.
Old May 17, 20, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Interestingly enough, I tried similar itineraries on Google Flights Multi-City allowing only Qatar Airways flights and telling Google to "Hide separate tickets." With these constraints (not allowing separate tickets), Google Flights ALSO won't show any fares.

Therefore, maybe the issue is something about the current fare class & rules available for Qatar Airways tickets rather than a website issue?
Old May 18, 20, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
One past experience is that QR did not have fares for somewhat-complex itin with stopovers. I even discussed with an experienced agent who said that their system would not offer a "published" fare for such construction. You have to buy separate tickets.
I think that Matt4 suggestion is the best one.
Old May 18, 20, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos View Post
One past experience is that QR did not have fares for somewhat-complex itin with stopovers. I even discussed with an experienced agent who said that their system would not offer a "published" fare for such construction. You have to buy separate tickets.
I think that Matt4 suggestion is the best one.
Thanks. I'm probably going to call them today to see.

I think it is a little odd that they don't allow to book a fare with a stopover in Doha, as they are still advertising the discounted hotel during stopover program:
https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/
(and I know Doha is closed now, but I can't even get a fare to show up for Feb 2021, or Nov 2020)

In any case, maybe it is a post-COVID-19 change. I guess it would also suck to have a ticket with a stopover in Doha and have Doha closed (again) for the second wave of COVID-19 or something like that, and ?be stuck at the airport for 3-4 days?.

Thanks!
Old May 18, 20, 11:26 am
Original Poster

So I called and they said they are NOT allowing stopovers in Doha booked for ANY time in the future until Doha re-opens to non-Qatari nationals.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old May 18, 20, 11:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by savemone View Post
So I called and they said they are NOT allowing stopovers in Doha booked for ANY time in the future until Doha re-opens to non-Qatari nationals.
Thanks for updating.

Makes sense, albeit slightly frustrating.

M
Old May 18, 20, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
Thanks for updating.

Makes sense, albeit slightly frustrating.

M
Thanks. It doesn't 100% make sense as I can still book a round-trip ticket to Doha, but I didn't think to bring that up during the conversation.
Old May 18, 20, 2:34 pm

Thanks. It doesn't 100% make sense as I can still book a round-trip ticket to Doha, but I didn't think to bring that up during the conversation.
You probably could (I admit I have not checked whether the respective eligibility verification has been put in place by QR), but unless you are Qatari resident or PRC holder you will be denied boarding (or rather, not allowed to check it at all) at your point of embarkation. You might also want to acquaint yourself with Article 14 of QR CoC.
Old May 18, 20, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelA380 View Post
You probably could (I admit I have not checked whether the respective eligibility verification has been put in place by QR), but unless you are Qatari resident or PRC holder you will be denied boarding (or rather, not allowed to check it at all) at your point of embarkation. You might also want to acquaint yourself with Article 14 of QR CoC.
Thanks. My point was not booking it now but in the end of 2020 or even in 2021.

The website WILL let me book a round trip ticket do Doha in 2021, but NOT a multi-stop with a layover in Doha in 2021.

I understand that I cannot enter now or until June 15th (or later if extended), but it doesn't seem a logical reason NOT to let me book a trip with a stayover in Doha in 2021 when I CAN book a round-trip ticket to Doha in 2021.
Old May 19, 20, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Thanks. My point was not booking it now but in the end of 2020 or even in 2021.

The website WILL let me book a round trip ticket do Doha in 2021, but NOT a multi-stop with a layover in Doha in 2021.

I understand that I cannot enter now or until June 15th (or later if extended), but it doesn't seem a logical reason NOT to let me book a trip with a stayover in Doha in 2021 when I CAN book a round-trip ticket to Doha in 2021.
Even before covid, QR had restrictions about tickets with stopover in DOH. I remember that you could not book a ticket from India to many destinations with stopover in DOH. It may be that QR was closing a loophole used by some to get cheaper fares.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: