Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Trying to find J fare R/I but over 30 days duration

Trying to find J fare R/I but over 30 days duration

Old May 15, 20, 9:05 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 488
Trying to find J fare R/I but over 30 days duration

So basically I received my voucher for a cancelled LHR-BKK-LGW in J so was thinking of a longish stay end of the Year ( Nov-early Dec ) but if I input a stay over 30 days it only shows min business value which is way outside my voucher credit
Is this normal for longer adjurations or is it worth checking from time to time & yes I understand things might not be back to normal even by then
Thanks in advance
spec119 is offline  
Old May 15, 20, 9:44 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: HKG, BHX, MAN
Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Posts: 182
If I remember correctly Business Promo is only available if the return leg is within a month of the departure leg.
realgaga is offline  
Old May 15, 20, 11:24 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 488
Originally Posted by realgaga View Post
If I remember correctly Business Promo is only available if the return leg is within a month of the departure leg.
Thanks that kind of explains things then
spec119 is offline  
Old May 16, 20, 2:54 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: PAR
Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Posts: 988
My own experience is that generally R fares are valid for up to 30 days stays but there was some exceptions. I fares usually allow a longer stay.
Matt4 is offline  
Old May 16, 20, 3:16 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Posts: 488
Originally Posted by Matt4 View Post
My own experience is that generally R fares are valid for up to 30 days stays but there was some exceptions. I fares usually allow a longer stay.
Thanks I think it is a case of checking regularly quite often I book a Y fare and upgrade with cash when the fares are good not sure if this would work with a voucher
spec119 is offline  
Old May 17, 20, 9:21 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by spec119 View Post
Thanks I think it is a case of checking regularly quite often I book a Y fare and upgrade with cash when the fares are good not sure if this would work with a voucher
Also currently you won't find I/R fares as they zeroed out cheap inventory because if the flexibility policy.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: