Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR A380s "will not return for at least a year, maybe never"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR A380s "will not return for at least a year, maybe never"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My LHR flights for February have been changed too.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:52 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Yeh my flight to MEL in December has also been switched from a 388 to a 351.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:37 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by HB7
Cedar Jet, just on that actually - I have flown the A380 - and I agree with you on the comfort. It will be extremely sad to see the end of these birds. I just wanted to ask you however - whats the difference between J on the A380 and Q-Suites on the A350? I have not flown Q-suites on any aircraft, so I'd be keen to know - do you prefer J on the A380 to Q-suites on the A350?
I love the A380 J product because of the A380 being whisper quiet, amazing air quality and humidity levels, lower altitude cabin pressure, room to walk around and of course the bar to mingle when you cant sleep, don't want to watch a movie and couldn't possibly fit anything else in to order from the menu! I get off that plane feeling like I've not flown despite the 15 hrs I've just been in it.
The A351 is more private in J, great atmospherics as well and almost as quiet as the A380. Seat comfort/sleep wise the same. In all honesty however it feels like any other new plane..just doesn't have that A380 magic feel of flying in style.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jun 12, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:48 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I love the A380 J product because of the A380 being whisper quiet, amazing air quality and humidity levels, lower altitude cabin pressure, room to walk around and of course the bar to mingle when you cant sleep, don't want to watch a movie and couldn't possibly fit anything else in to order from the menu! I get off that plane feeling like I've not flown despite the 15 hrs or so Ive just flown.
The A351 is more private in J, great atmospherics as well and almost as quiet as the A380. Seat comfort/sleep wise the same. In all honesty however it feels like any other new plane..just doesn't have that A380 majestic feel of flying in style.
I see - that's good to know. Thanks for the feedback! Just can't wait to be able to fly freely again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.