Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:28 am

Guess which email I received this morning!!
Aston100 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
So do you see option to change flight in "manage booking"?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by xnewyork
Guess which email I received this morning!!
Nothing here yet. I assume you also had a MED code?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Nothing here yet. I assume you also had a MED code?
I had a med code and got this email today
Old Feb 21, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC
As always with Qatar, there is always some latency between something being announced, and then the practical reality of the announcement being communicated, understood and actionable in the call centres. If I wasn't against a tight deadline, I would always give it a week before calling in to action a change based on a new policy. YMMV of course....
Old Feb 21, 2021, 9:55 am
pxm

I am so grateful to Qatar Airways for doing this for healthcare professionals. They are an example for other airlines to follow and the fact that they extended the promotion is amazing. In any case, I had booked a flight that I had to subsequently cancel because of COVID-19 related restrictions in my destination. A few days ago, I received an e-mail from Qatar Airways with the following text:

NAME, we understand that as a healthcare professional, you may have been unable to book your complimentary tickets with us.

With you in mind, we are extending the booking and travel validity so you can still book up to two complimentary tickets and enjoy a well-deserved trip when you are ready.

Use your new, one-time promo code XXXYYYZZZ to book online or through our mobile app by 30 September 2021 for travel until 31 March 2022, subject to availability.

Thank you again for your heroic efforts.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:15 am

GF also got the email about extension yesterday. Original was a MED* code, new one is MEX*.

Means they have till 31 March 2022, or I guess 4-5 months less, to either make covid-19 no longer be a serious problem, or for the same disgruntled "healthcare professionals" to start another petition about Qatar's horrible scam and how Qatar schemed themselves into all the good PR at no cost and how terrible they are.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
GF also got the email about extension yesterday. Original was a MED* code, new one is MEX*.

Means they have till 31 March 2022, or I guess 4-5 months less, to either make covid-19 no longer be a serious problem, or for the same disgruntled "healthcare professionals" to start another petition about Qatar's horrible scam and how Qatar schemed themselves into all the good PR at no cost and how terrible they are.
To put quote marks round healthcare professionals, and the tone of your comment suggests that you think these people are fake or something. I suggest you go back under your rock and hope you or your loved ones never have need of a "healthcare professional".
Man3 and georgenaderp like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Aston100
To put quote marks round healthcare professionals, and the tone of your comment suggests that you think these people are fake or something. I suggest you go back under your rock and hope you or your loved ones never have need of a "healthcare professional".
Not these people. And my "loved one" is a doctor who got her free ticket, as I said in the message you replied to.
I don't have high opinions about the people complaining they were unable to use a generous gift due to no fault of the giver however.

Edit: and happy that my gf only thought about her inability to use her booked tickets as "really bad luck", and the subsequent extension by Qatar as "really nice of them".

Last edited by eqeqeqx; Feb 21, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Old Feb 25, 2021, 2:39 am

I asked QRs FB/Messenger support when to receive the new code.
They told me I will not get one. Since my booking is cancelled I'm screwed. They told me I would only get a new code if I haven't used the old one.

How fun. Nice move extending the promo anyway. According to the answer I got the extension is only valid for those who 1. Never used the initial code 2.Used it, but still have tickets.

​​​
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:00 pm

I asked QRs FB/Messenger support when to receive the new code.
They told me I will not get one. Since my booking is cancelled I'm screwed. They told me I would only get a new code if I haven't used the old one.

How fun. Nice move extending the promo anyway. According to the answer I got the extension is only valid for those who 1. Never used the initial code 2.Used it, but still have tickets.

​​​
Sounds strange, as it seems my gf would not qualify to get a new code according to that, but she did.

1) She used her code to book tickets a long time ago.
2) She cancelled the booking some months ago since she could not travel. Qatar said they would change her ticket to "open" and valid till July? September? (or something like that, I don't remember exactly what she said).
3) She got a new promo code, unsolicited, some days ago.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by eqeqeqx
Sounds strange, as it seems my gf would not qualify to get a new code according to that, but she did.

1) She used her code to book tickets a long time ago.
2) She cancelled the booking some months ago since she could not travel. Qatar said they would change her ticket to "open" and valid till July? September? (or something like that, I don't remember exactly what she said).
3) She got a new promo code, unsolicited, some days ago.
1) Same here

2) Almost same. But was told by CS agent on phone there wasn't any possibility to move the ticket forward. - > We cancelled and taxes was refunded. (Late january)

3) No new promo code received

Twitter answered.
The extension is NOT valid for those who had to cancel.
Only for those with open tickets or unused codes. 🤯

Last edited by seldomrfly; Feb 26, 2021 at 4:08 am
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AA plat
Ok, I was able to reschedule my flights to 2022, big thanks to a helpful customer service representative. Funny thing was that in addition to this booking, I had a separate booking for my child, as the healthcare promo was only for medical professional + partner. That booking had different booking policies and it was not allowed to reschedule that ticket / flight to 2022, 31/12/2021 was the latest allowed date for that. They wanted me to pay 250 Euro change fee + difference, which would have been something like 380 euro extra. In the meantime, it was also possible to cancel that ticket and ask for a full refund, and then book a new ticket, which I of course ended up doing. So looks like they are actually going to pay me little money back ... depending on if they refund the service fee as well or not

All in all, a big hassle to get it all sorted out, but looking good now.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 3:37 pm

1) Same here

2) Almost same. But was told by CS agent on phone there wasn't any possibility to move the ticket forward. - > We cancelled and taxes was refunded. (Late january)

3) No new promo code received

Twitter answered.
The extension is NOT valid for those who had to cancel.
Only for those with open tickets or unused codes. 🤯
Sorry to hear that. Don't see why they would exclude those who got the taxes refunded, or what difference it would make to them.

For a moment I wondered if it could be due to Qatar then not having to deal with refunding taxes, but that wouldn't make sense because while I don't think gf has got anything refunded yet, I'm guessing when/if she books with the new promo code, she will have to pay new taxes on that booking, especially since it can be to a different place from her first booking. So before that, she'll surely cancel the old, supposedly "open", booking to get the taxes for that refunded, if it has not been cancelled already by QTR when they sent her the new promo code.

So don't understand why QTR would care if anyone cancelled before they sent out the new promo code or after.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:27 pm

fwiw i had a flight for my brother and myself to oman departing in 15 days under the MED code and just called cust serv, referenced the email stating I had extension through next year and was allowed to change my flight dates to early January '22 without any issues at all. whole discussion prob took 15 min to rebook, only issue was there was some flights without space for whatever fare class they're booking healthcare people in - all 4 flight legs booked under class W and I am unable to change the dates, only cancel the booking. No free seat selection but whatever, I'll survive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.