Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:31 pm
pxm

I wanted to change my booking today because of a schedule change and there is no way to do so on the Qatar website - no change booking option for my reservation. Although I really appreciate Qatar's gesture towards medical professionals, the dates that are now available for my destination do not match my available time off from work, especially given the new wave(s) of the virus. Additionally, the restriction that the outbound flight has to be completed by 31 March make rescheduling even more difficult.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pxm
I wanted to change my booking today because of a schedule change and there is no way to do so on the Qatar website - no change booking option for my reservation. Although I really appreciate Qatar's gesture towards medical professionals, the dates that are now available for my destination do not match my available time off from work, especially given the new wave(s) of the virus. Additionally, the restriction that the outbound flight has to be completed by 31 March make rescheduling even more difficult.
Unfortunately, you need to call them or visit a city office as it's not possible to make changes online.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 6:28 pm
pxm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, you need to call them or visit a city office as it's not possible to make changes online.
Given the second wave of COIVD, I hope that Qatar Airways considers extending the dates for the flights for Healthcare Professionals. I suspect that not many of the 100,000 awarded flights were actually taken because of travel restrictions.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
I hope someone can give me advice on what to do.
My current booking with the promo is from AMS-DOH-PER for this Friday. It is currently showing as confirmed. My return flight has been rescheduled a day from 4 to 5 Dec.
Due to the mandatory quarantine and closed borders in Australia we are not able to travel now. I wanted to rebook to any other date in Jan/Feb/Mar 2021 however I was informed by the phone agent that rebooking must be done in the same fare code. The fare code is not available on any date at least until 1 April 2021. I was told my only options are to rebook to a different destination within Australia. SYD, MEL, ADL and CBR all show 0 availability of my fare class on any date.
Other option was to cancel and credit the booking in voucher or cash. In other words, the complementary ticket is not usable...
Would calling again give me more options?
Also, my promo code still works, what would happen if I use it again and cancel this booking. The phone agent said the code would be blocked.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan88
My current booking with the promo is from AMS-DOH-PER for this Friday. It is currently showing as confirmed. My return flight has been rescheduled a day from 4 to 5 Dec.
Due to the mandatory quarantine and closed borders in Australia we are not able to travel now. I wanted to rebook to any other date in Jan/Feb/Mar 2021 however I was informed by the phone agent that rebooking must be done in the same fare code. The fare code is not available on any date at least until 1 April 2021. I was told my only options are to rebook to a different destination within Australia. SYD, MEL, ADL and CBR all show 0 availability of my fare class on any date.
Other option was to cancel and credit the booking in voucher or cash. In other words, the complementary ticket is not usable...
Also, my promo code still works, what would happen if I use it again and cancel this booking. The phone agent said the code would be blocked.
Hang up and call again.
Your flight has been moved from 4 December to 5 December so this is an involuntary change so you are not responsible for any fare difference.
You should be able to rebook on another date without the same fare being available.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But if the rescheduling from 4 to 5 December happened some time ago - or even worse was accepted by the OP, the OP is looking into a 100% voluntary rebooking that will require W class to be available (which is almost impossible by now and as the OP has already been told).

Somehow I get the feeling that I will be very much uphill for the OP to get rebooked to early 2021 on this ticket.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
But if the rescheduling from 4 to 5 December happened some time ago - or even worse was accepted by the OP, the OP is looking into a 100% voluntary rebooking that will require W class to be available (which is almost impossible by now and as the OP has already been told).

Somehow I get the feeling that I will be very much uphill for the OP to get rebooked to early 2021 on this ticket.
You're actually right, if the ticket is transferred from 4 December to 5 December and the status is showing as "Confirmed" this means that it's either that there is missing information or there was a miscommunication between the agents and the OP.

Without the OP's consent, the status of the ticket should not be shown as "Confirmed" if there is a date change involved.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:38 pm

As stated by qatar airways flexible policy, they should allow you to change to any other destination in the whole of australasia group.So you can go visit any other destination in asia as well I think.Here is the link for the policy

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...onfidence.html
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapsshah42
As stated by qatar airways flexible policy, they should allow you to change to any other destination in the whole of australasia group.So you can go visit any other destination in asia as well I think.Here is the link for the policy

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...onfidence.html
I guess the issue is that the OP is seeking a voluntary change and due to the travel limitations on DOH-Australia flights imposed by the AU Government, there isn't availability on some cheaper fare buckets at all so the OP has no getaway other than paying a fare difference. Obviously, unless he didn't confirm the change from 4 to 5 Dec previously and it was an agent fault.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
You're actually right, if the ticket is transferred from 4 December to 5 December and the status is showing as "Confirmed" this means that it's either that there is missing information or there was a miscommunication between the agents and the OP.

Without the OP's consent, the status of the ticket should not be shown as "Confirmed" if there is a date change involved.
I was involuntary rebooked to a day later flight. Never confirmed to them that I would like to accept the change also still get the message in Manage my booking to either accept or request refund. Change took place in end of Sep but also had a small change in the beginning of Oct.
But my ticket never changed to unconfirmed. In manage my booking there were 2 returns of which one of the 2 changed to unconfirmed. The 5th of November showed confirmed.

But I just called again and was able to rebook to March without an issue. So all solved by retrying. Thanks for helping!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: AA plat
I tried to reschedule my flights from late November to March but as soon as agent noticed that this is the Medic promo, he said that there are updates coming to this policy, call back tomorrow. Very weird, but let's see what happens tomorrow then...
Old Nov 10, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by delerium
I tried to reschedule my flights from late November to March but as soon as agent noticed that this is the Medic promo, he said that there are updates coming to this policy, call back tomorrow. Very weird, but let's see what happens tomorrow then...
Please, keep us updated. Thank you.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was involuntary rebooked to a day later flight. Never confirmed to them that I would like to accept the change also still get the message in Manage my booking to either accept or request refund. Change took place in end of Sep but also had a small change in the beginning of Oct.
But my ticket never changed to unconfirmed. In manage my booking there were 2 returns of which one of the 2 changed to unconfirmed. The 5th of November showed confirmed.

But I just called again and was able to rebook to March without an issue. So all solved by retrying. Thanks for helping!
You're welcome.
Thanks for reporting back your experience.

As far as it seems, int the first call where the agent searched the same fare bucket, the agent misinformed you so the issue was solved by HUACA as you mentioned.
For those other members/visitors having similar issues, try HUACA'ing multiple times until you get the desired answer from QR.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:34 am

You're welcome.
Thanks for reporting back your experience.

As far as it seems, int the first call where the agent searched the same fare bucket, the agent misinformed you so the issue was solved by HUACA as you mentioned.
For those other members/visitors having similar issues, try HUACA'ing multiple times until you get the desired answer from QR.
I find it strange that there is so much difference between the agent you speak to, even on the same phone number. As an AF/KL frequent flyer I have not experienced that with them.

If I would want to reschedule again but then voluntary, I guess it would need to be in the same fare bucket as what the original ticket is right? I went from W to O and N.
Hope they extend the latest travel date tomorrow.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I find it strange that there is so much difference between the agent you speak to, even on the same phone number. As an AF/KL frequent flyer I have not experienced that with them.

If I would want to reschedule again but then voluntary, I guess it would need to be in the same fare bucket as what the original ticket is right? I went from W to O and N.
Hope they extend the latest travel date tomorrow.
In many different airlines, I had different responses from different agents. For example, last weekend, on an airline other than QR, I needed to HUACA 4 times to get I want in an involuntary rebooking.

And yes, you would need N fare class availability if you are planning to change your ticket for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.