Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Free flights to Healthcare Professionals - Ends 17th May 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Anyone tried to change their free full flex free tickets yet?

I booked to Australia for Ms. and me. Availability became less for everyday so I thought, better book.
But as situation is what it is, I suspect changes are needed later on. I tried the "Change" button on MMB just for exploration, but I was only met with error messages whatever I tried.
The PROMO code is also dead after using it -> You can't search for available promo destinations and dates anymore.
I guess a long phone conference awaits the day it needs to be changed.
​​​​​​I'm on the same boat. We booked a flight to Australia for late November. And I had call with them today. The representative said that this fare is not rebookable. I asked how is that possible as the ticket is fully flexible. He took a break and got back to me a minute later only to tell me that if I change flight online I will pay a full fare. If I call they can rebook flight for free but of course it is a subject to availability.

Out of curiosity, I tried to change return flight and found only one date for ~100€, other dates were full fare.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:33 am

I’m afraid we booked for the last week of the promo, so I won’t be able to give you any info until then. We will have to follow this thread to see how the checkin process works for people before us. My SO submitted a second request with the correct information. She even told me the first request even had the country wrong because she though it was country of birth (did it really quick without reading, and filled out random info on the passport and ID section), so she sent a second request with different email and correct information. We never received the second code (not planning on getting 2 trips). After back and forth through Twitter, since they have to contact the back office that handles this, first they stated the office saw the second request as a duplicate and to use the first cose. When I provided more details, then they stated that the terms had to be met as stated (ID must show country of employment etc etc). I went ahead and booked one trip with the code we received with the incorrect info. Called customer service to inquire if they saw any details or restrictions for check in and they don’t see anything. I guess I will book hotels with points and have a friend traveling a few weeks before me so I’ll find out if they really check all that stuff or not. Whoever flies first, please let us know how the checkin experience goes and how they check the paperwork. Thanks!

Originally Posted by katiehai
I have the same issue. When is your flight and can you update us if there is any issues upon boarding? My boyfriend signed me up but I think he may have used my soon to be expiring passport from USA that I don't plan on renewing.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:26 pm

To add, I thought they would not enforce the 14 day change rule, but it seems they are. Has anybody had success changing within 14 days? Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
If you have ticket for late Nov and if it becomes clear in early Nov that the 14 days quarantine is still in place when travelling from my country. I’m guessing there is a large chance I can throw away the tickets because I will not be able to find a new ticket to any other destination in the same fare or do you think Qatar will be flexible?

I guess then my biggest chance of luck will be a big change in the flight schedule (my current flight is an A380) and due to that I could be able to rebook to a later date.

Any thoughts from others?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:21 am

I'm in the same boat I'm a nurse working as casual via an agency. Don't have an employment ID only letter from the agency. Sent enquiry to Qatar but the response was only referred to T&C. Tried to call to clarify this no lack.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:58 am

That’s the $1000 question. I guess we’ll have to wait until the first of us checks in and tell us how it went.

Originally Posted by lanos2075
I'm in the same boat I'm a nurse working as casual via an agency. Don't have an employment ID only letter from the agency. Sent enquiry to Qatar but the response was only referred to T&C. Tried to call to clarify this no lack.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Basanez
That’s the $1000 question. I guess we’ll have to wait until the first of us checks in and tell us how it went.
Would like to know what is the airport check-in process. The issue is no info from Qatar.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:47 pm

Because the cynic in me thinks they won’t enforce anything and they’re just trying to scare people who were not eligible from applying. Otherwise it’ll be a cluster .... on how and who is going to enforce that at checkin. My hospital for example doesn’t print the country or address on my badge. And how are they going to confirm a badge is real and not faked? I’m sure there are plenty of ways to get a fake badge around the world.

But then again one time the QR Station manager told me I couldn’t pay cash for a J upgrade because I purchased my ticket (directly from QR website) as a multi-city ticket (for free stopover in Doha) and not a RT. So go figure what they’ll do.

Originally Posted by lanos2075
Would like to know what is the airport check-in process. The issue is no info from Qatar.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: LH FTL, IHG Platinum
Because the cynic in me thinks they won’t enforce anything and they’re just trying to scare people who were not eligible from applying. Otherwise it’ll be a cluster .... on how and who is going to enforce that at checkin. My hospital for example doesn’t print the country or address on my badge. And how are they going to confirm a badge is real and not faked? I’m sure there are plenty of ways to get a fake badge around the world.

But then again one time the QR Station manager told me I couldn’t pay cash for a J upgrade because I purchased my ticket (directly from QR website) as a multi-city ticket (for free stopover in Doha) and not a RT. So go figure what they’ll do.
What we plan to bring to check-in counter is a diploma, membership card from our national medical association and employment contract (originals as stated in T&C). Not sure about the badge as this is only printed card with name on it.
But what I don't like is a communication from QR. I got no repsonse on Twitter, 1 generic response on their website with no real information and 1 that I have to call the office. So I actually did but it felt like a random person walking by picked up the phone.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:11 pm

Who amongst us is the first scheduled to fly through this program? So we can keep track of how the checkin process works.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:22 am

Who amongst us is the first scheduled to fly through this program? So we can keep track of how the checkin process works.
I am planning for the first week of November but have yet to book anything as of yet. Just a bit hesitant considering we have to fly to a different country to board with Qatar and might be denied at the desk at that point.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:55 pm

Finally got the code after a long chain of communication...Tried testing it multiple times...price doesn't change at all...I tested Chicago to Maldives and Chicago to Capetown, tested dates were just November and price didn't change. Is there any trick or I have to do something? Am I missing something?!
Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Finally got the code after a long chain of communication...Tried testing it multiple times...price doesn't change at all...I tested Chicago to Maldives and Chicago to Capetown, tested dates were just November and price didn't change. Is there any trick or I have to do something? Am I missing something?!
Try some other dates and see if it works. For instance, when I search flights for Australia (Sydney), late october/november, I only find 1 day in a week with promo flights (ca. 150 EUR return from Europe).
For some other destinations, there are more fares, probably subject to availability.
good_boy_1234 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 4:22 pm

Thanks. Yeah it seems dates related. They should have done it better than being that selective. Anyway, glad I got the code finally! I was the first to report here that submission went through and now the last to get the code!!
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:20 pm

I could clarify why it is no ticket on some routes. This is due to the ticket with the code allocation for the routes is limited when they finished it is gone. Still, wondering what is the checkout process? If somebody could shed light on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.