Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar cancelled my flight - do they have to rearrange?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar cancelled my flight - do they have to rearrange?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 12:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

They offered train, but I am not prepared to risk the public transport.

There is a flight with KLM London to Cardiff, but they refuse ot book me on it as it is not a partner. I thought they had to book me on ANY alternative flight.
Old May 8, 2020, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by applebum32

There is a flight with KLM London to Cardiff, but they refuse ot book me on it as it is not a partner. I thought they had to book me on ANY alternative flight.
No they don't. In your shoes, I would get to London and then rent a car. Either QR or your travel insurance will pick up that cost (which can't be that great anyway.)
Old May 8, 2020, 1:39 am

The main problem here is that currently there seems to be no commercial flights operating on any airline from anywhere to Cardiff, so your best bet is to get a flight to London and then arrange (possibly in cooperation with QR) some other (ground) transportation to your final destination.
Old May 8, 2020, 2:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

They have refused to pay my costs to Cardiff.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC
They have offered to pay for the train, yet you say they have refused to pay your costs to Cardiff.

You say that you are not prepared to take public transportation (train) yet you're prepared to take a long haul flight.

I think in the circumstances QR are being more reasonable, and they are providing a remedy to get you to your original destination at a time when there are few commercial flights to Cardiff.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:47 am
Suspended

Two posts upthread you said they offered a train to Cardiff. How is that refusing?
Old May 8, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton Diamond
Hijacking this thread to find an answer to my problem

Flights to my final destination KBP from PHL are also cancelled. Does anybody know if they would be willing to fly me to ORD or DFW on AA to catch the DOH flight and then change the final destination to any other airport in Europe ( preferably FRA or MUC ) ? Or would I need to cancel and book a completely new reservation ? Would hate that as I got a deal on the PHL-KBP flight in Q Suite
Thank you
Old May 8, 2020, 5:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by witthuus

Flights to my final destination KBP from PHL are also cancelled. Does anybody know if they would be willing to fly me to ORD or DFW on AA to catch the DOH flight and then change the final destination to any other airport in Europe ( preferably FRA or MUC ) ? Or would I need to cancel and book a completely new reservation ? Would hate that as I got a deal on the PHL-KBP flight in Q Suite
Thank you
We can't give you a definitive answer. You'll need to get in touch with QR. I suspect they'll agree to fly you on a different QR flight, maybe OW partner.
Often1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
We can't give you a definitive answer. You'll need to get in touch with QR. I suspect they'll agree to fly you on a different QR flight, maybe OW partner.
I know that I have to get in touch with them. Am on the road all day for the next 9 days and there is just no way to get hold of them as they are only operating until 6pm here in the US. That's why I am trying to find out if anybody has had a similar experience . Thank you
Old May 8, 2020, 6:24 am
Suspended

I know that I have to get in touch with them. Am on the road all day for the next 9 days and there is just no way to get hold of them as they are only operating until 6pm here in the US. That's why I am trying to find out if anybody has had a similar experience . Thank you
I know it's difficult, but you have to get in touch with them anyway for them to rebook you, so you may as well be prepared with options that suit you. Can you not call an international office that has other opening times?
Often1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

Thank you
Which legs are cancelled?

If the PHL leg is cancelled;
Qatar started to codeshare the Chicago-Philadelphia route of AA so they might rebook you on AA to ORD. However, you would be limited to the flights that QR codeshare on the PHL-ORD route.

If the KBP leg is cancelled;
In normal conditions, Qatar allows you to rebook within the 500 mile perimeter of your destination. FRA or MUC would not be possible, however, Warsaw, Bucharest and Moscow are possible destinations that you could rebook on.
witthuus likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LondonElite
To be clear, EC 261/2004 does not help OP here unless he wants a refund and then goes and purchases a new ticket on KL. If this is cheaper or the same, it is what he ought to do.

There is no requirement in the Regulation that carriers rebook onto other carriers, even when the jurisdictional requirement is met.

The EC has further provided recent Guidance to the effect that Section 8 rebooking is met if the carrier refunds. If QR offers LHR and OP can get himself to Cardiff, that seems to be the easiest. If he does not want to take a train, he could rent a car (and clean it thoroughly himself for his own peace of mind). His travel insurance may cover that, but that will be down to the terms of the policy.
Old May 8, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Which legs are cancelled?

If the PHL leg is cancelled;
Qatar started to codeshare the Chicago-Philadelphia route of AA so they might rebook you on AA to ORD. However, you would be limited to the flights that QR codeshare on the PHL-ORD route.

If the KBP leg is cancelled;
In normal conditions, Qatar allows you to rebook within the 500 mile perimeter of your destination. FRA or MUC would not be possible, however, Warsaw, Bucharest and Moscow are possible destinations that you could rebook on.
Thank you. All legs are cancelled. Warsaw and Bucharest will not be served in June, so this would not be an option. I don't have a visa for Russia - so Moscow is not an option either.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thank you. All legs are cancelled. Warsaw and Bucharest will not be served in June, so this would not be an option. I don't have a visa for Russia - so Moscow is not an option either.
So your best bet would be a full refund or a future voucher.
Old May 8, 2020, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do not settle for a voucher. Flights cancelled means that you are entitled to a refund. Making 0% interest loans is a poor practice, especially here where you have no way of knowing what routes and frequencies will operate when you do want to fly again.
witthuus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.