FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   QR to resume Doha to Miami from June 2, 2020 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2017057-qr-resume-doha-miami-june-2-2020-a.html)

N830MH May 3, 2020 10:23 pm

QR to resume Doha to Miami from June 2, 2020

Qatar to resume nonstop Doha to Miami service from June 2, 2020. 5 weekly, A350. Daily flight from July 1, 2020.

Yanshuf May 4, 2020 3:18 am

Interesting. But I wonder if the US will ease their entry restrictions. If entry remains restricted as it is now, I wonder who all the passengers will be. Surely all Americans and US residents who wanted to return to America have all allready returned?

quinzinho May 4, 2020 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Yanshuf (Post 32347064)
Interesting. But I wonder if the US will ease their entry restrictions. If entry remains restricted as it is now, I wonder who all the passengers will be. Surely all Americans and US residents who wanted to return to America have all allready returned?

Passengers for Miami going through Doha are maybe more likely to come from Asia/Australia. Those won't face any issue trying to enter?

Yanshuf May 4, 2020 6:17 am

That was my question. Surely the majority of people fulfilling the current US entry criteria will have travelled to the US already? So I wonder how Qatar can justify 5 flights a week. Maybe it's for cargo.

IAN-UK May 4, 2020 2:04 pm

The OP has made the same announcement in many of the threads of other airlines flying to MIA.

Could be he/she has inside knowledge, or has a sunny disposition.

gary_nj May 5, 2020 4:08 pm

To the OP, was there an announcement about the service to/from Miami?

Here is my experience... I have a ticket on PHL-DOH-KBP in June. I am hoping for a cancellation and have been watching availability on the flight pretty closely. Until several weeks ago, the June dates in ExpertFlyer returned flights with inventory of 9 in all fare classes. A couple of weeks ago, this changed for June travel - the only fare buckets with available inventory were the higher buckets. Today when I look at PHL-DOH in June, the inventory shows 0 across the board. In fact, I see the same for random dates through at least September.

Miami-Doha is similarly zeroed out for months. Looking at a few random dates in June, most US-DOH routes are showing zeroes - the exception is ORD-DOH.

I don't know if the zero'ing of PHL and others means that they are getting ready to cancel, or if it is a temporary scheduling effect, but it seems that something is being decided on these routes.

witthuus May 6, 2020 5:01 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj (Post 32351547)
Here is my experience... I have a ticket on PHL-DOH-KBP in June. I am hoping for a cancellation .....

I am in the same boat, except that I am hoping for a reebooking through ORD and rebooking to final destination FRA or MUC as it looks like they have zeroed out KBP as well. No idea, if changing the final destination is an option without paying up if they stop serving the original destination.

Why don't you just cancel instead of waiting for QR to cancel ? Should be free right now

gary_nj May 6, 2020 7:50 am

Originally Posted by witthuus (Post 32352750)
Why don't you just cancel instead of waiting for QR to cancel ? Should be free right now

I want to get a refund. I thought that refunds required the flight to be cancelled by QR. If I can get money back from them now, I would love to do that.

elsenor May 6, 2020 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by gary_nj (Post 32353036)
I want to get a refund. I thought that refunds required the flight to be cancelled by QR. If I can get money back from them now, I would love to do that.

I think you are correct here. Some airlines and others throw around the term "refund" but are using it to include vouchers. To get a CASH refund, the best bet is to wait/hope for QR to cancel it and specifically request a cash refund. If an airlines cancels a flight, you are entitled to a cash refund, full stop.
When QR canceled our flights to CPT, they auto-issued vouchers and made no mention of a cash refund. I had to request it, then wait ~14 days for it to appear back on my CC.

gary_nj May 6, 2020 2:07 pm

I notice in the companion thread "Resumption of flights" in this forum, there is a recent post where Qatar lists the destinations that they expect to be serving at the end of June. The only US cities listed are ORD and DFW.

gary_nj May 6, 2020 10:23 pm

And just tonight (May 6) it appears that QR has cancelled PHL-DOH for June (and perhaps into October). I got an email from Amex Travel about the cancellation. Hopefully the requested cash refund will process before too long.

Neilgcal May 7, 2020 4:14 am

According to routes on line MIA is now slated for 25 October

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...00gmt-07may20/

witthuus May 7, 2020 5:10 am

Originally Posted by gary_nj (Post 32354937)
And just tonight (May 6) it appears that QR has cancelled PHL-DOH for June (and perhaps into October). I got an email from Amex Travel about the cancellation. Hopefully the requested cash refund will process before too long.

Just saw the cancellation as well. Did not receive an email from QR yet. Flights to my final destination KBP are also cancelled. Does anybody know if they would be willing to fly me to ORD or DFW on AA to catch the DOH flight and then change the final destination to any other airport in Europe ( preferably FRA or MUC ) ? Or would I need to cancel and book a completely new reservation ? Would hate that as I got a deal on the PHL-KBP flight in Q Suite

Thank you

rvlcr May 7, 2020 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal (Post 32355334)
According to routes on line MIA is now slated for 25 October

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...00gmt-07may20/

anyone know if this is the plan for QR into september, october and i guess the end of the year? i have a trip to the maldives planned in the beginning of october (from ORD) and don’t wanna lose hope yet...

looking at their website they have a 3x daily flight from Doh-MLE, but that seems optimistic to me.

N830MH May 7, 2020 5:28 pm

Qatar will now resume Doha to Miami service from October 25, 2020. Daily, A350-1000.