Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR to resume Doha to Miami from June 2, 2020

QR to resume Doha to Miami from June 2, 2020

Old May 8, 2020, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
04 May
Originally Posted by N830MH
Qatar to resume nonstop Doha to Miami service from June 2, 2020. 5 weekly, A350. Daily flight from July 1, 2020.
07 May
Originally Posted by N830MH
Qatar will now resume Doha to Miami service from October 25, 2020. Daily, A350-1000.
Jumping the gun ?
Old May 8, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rvlcr
anyone know if this is the plan for QR into september, october and i guess the end of the year? i have a trip to the maldives planned in the beginning of october (from ORD) and don’t wanna lose hope yet...
Would be more worried about the Maldives government, and if they are going to lift their inbound travel ban. Per their tourism website, they are thinking about a July reopening, but would imagine it would be even longer for US citizens (given how prevalent CoVid seems to be at the moment).
Old May 8, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pokeable
Would be more worried about the Maldives government, and if they are going to lift their inbound travel ban. Per their tourism website, they are thinking about a July reopening, but would imagine it would be even longer for US citizens (given how prevalent CoVid seems to be at the moment).
yes, the maldivian government has been tip toeing around the topic for about a month now. they haven’t issued a concrete statement as to what they will do. the US represents a relatively large market for the maldives (i believe we are #7 or #8 in terms of amount of visitors per year) so hopefully they open to us also relatively soon.

our infection rate per million of people is way lower than that of other european countries but obviously our total # is way higher since we are 330M...

im very much of the idea that you either stay closed or open to everyone. we live in a globalized world and the virus will find a way to spread (american traveling to germany, infecting a german who then travels to the maldives).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.