QR Resumption of Flights

Old May 6, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Originally Posted by b74l
I’m showing DOH-AKL now resuming OCT 25. I do hv some tix on DOH-AKL earlier in OCT..but now the flight scheds showing no non-stops till OCT 25. Manage my booking still shows the non stop.
Oh crap!!

Just 'phoned Qatar and yes, the flights are cancelled. All they can offer us is via Sydney on the same day BUT he said that we would have to make our own way to Sydney as his system shows no available flights from AKL to SYD but looking at ITA Matrix there are flights on QANTAS at least two that day in fact.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
It states Muscat will resume by May 14th but the lockdown there shows no sign of ending so will be a bit surprised if that happens and Oman Air is not showing any availabilty until June 1st so weird if QR is allowed to fly but not Oman Air! I hope they do open as im locked out!!
There must be ways round lockdowns. Qatar have never stopped flying to Thailand, despite an apparent lockdown and TG not flying. Whether they call them repatriation flights or what I don't know, but they're doing it.
Old May 6, 2020, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Qatar Airways have adjusted most of their S20 schedule.
Some routes would go according to the planned schedule, some are paused until October ( W21 season ).

For routes to Turkey;

IST - x1 daily after 5 June, x2 daily ( normal ) from 1 July
SAW - Cancelled entirely for the S20 season
ESB - Cancelled entirely for the S20 season
ADB - Cancelled entirely for the S20 season
ADA - Cancelled entirely for the S20 season
AYT - Seasonal route cancelled , would not operate in S20
BJV - Seasonal route cancelled , would not operate in S20
TZX - Seasonal route cancelled, would not operate in S20

I pretty assume that Airlineroute would post something about the QR schedule for Summer 2020.
Old May 6, 2020, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
There must be ways round lockdowns. Qatar have never stopped flying to Thailand, despite an apparent lockdown and TG not flying. Whether they call them repatriation flights or what I don't know, but they're doing it.
Same for Australia.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I pretty assume that Airlineroute would post something about the QR schedule for Summer 2020.
Here it is:
​​https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...00gmt-07may20/

Substantial redundancies also widely reported yesterday:

​https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52555046​​​​​​
​​​​​
​​​​
blackdog047 likes this.

Last edited by Johnnieboy; May 7, 2020 at 2:43 am
Old May 7, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ft101

Yes I think they are calling them repatriation flights and thus only citizens are eligible. Sadly Im not eligible for Oman even though my family are there!

I spoke to someone who works in Duty Free and they were supposed to go back on the 9th May but been told there leave extended to end of the month which doesn't bode well (but then they could open the hotel without duty free).

Also the fares are stupidly expensive 1000 USD from Doha to Muscat return!! Think my bi-weekly traveling days could be over!!
Old May 7, 2020, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Also the fares are stupidly expensive 1000 USD from Doha to Muscat return!! Think my bi-weekly traveling days could be over!!
Not sure why but this route was horrendously expensive even pre-Covid19.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any news on the Country re-opening?
I get that the Country is in the peak of cases and has not yet seen a daily decline in the number of new cases.
But the purpose of the shutdown was to flatten the curve and allow authorities to prepare for cases i.e. build ICU bed capacity, stock PPE, and understand which therapeutics work etc.
The number of cases in Qatar seems reasonable, ICU admissions seem low, and deaths are very low.

The US is opening up, Europe has plans to start opening up. I do not even see anything about criteria for opening on government or news websites.

I have a new job waiting for me in Qatar and I'm tired of waiting for what seems like day's and months on end.
I want to get on with my life.
Old May 23, 2020, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc
I want to get on with my life.
About 7.5 BILLION people want the same, so you're not alone.
Old May 25, 2020, 8:29 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Has anyone heard anything about flights to China?
Two specific questions:
I can see on flightradarthat there are 2 active flights DOH-CAN. I can't find them in the booking-enginge - are they cargo only?

The listing on Routesonline, aswell as QR's own webpage lists CAN as an open destination. New bookings seems to be routed via HKG (with KA for the HKG-CAN part) On the internetz there is talk about China only accepting chinese carrirers for the time being, and possibly until october. Does anyone know if QR will or will not be able to keep flights to China?
Old May 25, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Two specific questions:
I can see on flightradarthat there are 2 active flights DOH-CAN. I can't find them in the booking-enginge - are they cargo only?
Yes, QR 8xxx flights are cargo flights.
intuition likes this.
Old May 30, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Skywards
Pakistan flights resume as of tomorrow, the local government announced resumption of international flights yesterday so Qatar has been one of the first to announce flights.

Old May 30, 2020, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
QR had been operating several repatriation flights from Pakistan to Hong Kong in the past few weeks.
I would not want to use QR818 DOH-HKG.
For example, 16 Pakistani pax tested positive on arrival from QR818 on 26 May.
Old May 30, 2020, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Two specific questions:

The listing on Routesonline, aswell as QR's own webpage lists CAN as an open destination. New bookings seems to be routed via HKG (with KA for the HKG-CAN part) On the internetz there is talk about China only accepting chinese carrirers for the time being, and possibly until october. Does anyone know if QR will or will not be able to keep flights to China?
Note that HKG will reopen for transit on 1 June, but only for transit on same airline. Hence QR to KA (even on codeshare) will not yet be allowed.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Current info - as for the first phase launched today - for Hong Kong transits:
Air transit/transfer services at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) will be resumed gradually. From 1 June 2020 until further notice, only transit/transfer passengers who have been checked through at the origin port and take transit/transfer flights operated by the same airline group are accepted at HKIA. Passengers should confirm in advance that they are able to enter the final destination. Please check with airlines for details.
(I've heard from a rep for another OW airline that HKG transits within OW will be allowed, but have no date for it and no written confirmation)

Regardless, I am still looking for up-to-date information of QR China flights operating in june and july. https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html no longer lists CAN but do list HKG. HKG is bookable on the site. Is there a way to make sure these flights are really operational?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.