Voucher is not easy to use

Old Apr 15, 20, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Voucher is not easy to use

This method of using Voucher does not seem to be able to buy tickets at the official website price, nor can it participate in official promotions (using promo code). In this case, the degree of freedom of use cannot be compared with cash at all. The benefit of increasing Voucher by 10% is meaningless.
Please also correct my opinion
Old Apr 15, 20, 4:30 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
I've just utilised my voucher(s) with no problems and no additional costs involved, the flight was actually cheaper than the voucher value by about $400 so will see if I get a new voucher for the balance. I called the local number in Auckland and they answered straight away, the only problem I have is that I have to hang around in Auckland until 4th June as there are no flights in May at all. I've had all sorts of hassle with SQ with my flights being cancelled 4 times and now being converted to an open ticket to be used before 30/03/2021 because they admitted that they would not be able to transport me in the foreseeable future and no tickets were available on their partner airlines either, I had booked the QR flight as a precaution as the SQ flights were looking dodgy but the QR flight also go cancelled hence the voucher.
Old Apr 15, 20, 7:05 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by K3nt View Post
This method of using Voucher does not seem to be able to buy tickets at the official website price, nor can it participate in official promotions (using promo code). In this case, the degree of freedom of use cannot be compared with cash at all. The benefit of increasing Voucher by 10% is meaningless.
Hold the fare you see on the website and ask for it to be honored over the phone since the website wont accept the voucher.
Old Apr 15, 20, 7:57 pm

Voucher redemption on the website is claimed to be a WIP so wait a while if you can.
spec119 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 20, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have been issued the following receipt for a cancelled flight from ARN to BKK/ Bkk to ARN in March/April 2020
EMD REMARKS An EMD is valid for a period of one year from the date of issuance unless issued for a specific service in which case it is considered as used upon issuance.
FARE DETAILS PAYMENT DETAILS
Fare: EUR 1339.52
NON REF Form of payment: Tax and Other charges: Total Amount: GBP 99.00A

I bought the fare in Swedish SEK and was told that the refund is in Euros plus an extra 10% in GB£.
I rang Qatar and booked the exact same route for January 2021 and was told that the new ticket was slightly cheaper than the original. Great.
About three hours later a lady from the Polish Office rang me and said that the agent had made a mistake with the currency conversions. The new ticket price was now more than the value of the voucher. She wanted me to pay the extra £100 but I declined and told her how disappointed I was that Qatar were pursuing the extra when it was them who had made the mistake.
I still don't know how much the above voucher is worth when I come to rebook. Is it EUR 1339.52 + £99.00 or some other amount. Why have they used two different currencies? Why did they not issue the voucher in Swedish SEK?
Old Apr 29, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by K3nt View Post
Oh if only I had a voucher been waiting since mid march for my voucher despite constant communication via twitter email phone typical QR administration

Search this Thread
Search Engine: